Trailblazer RT-340 Chamber Dent

tepperse

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Hey all, looking forward to joining the Rec-Tec family!

I got my new 340 yesterday and the cooking chamber has a decent dent where the left hinge is supposed to attach. Loosely installed the lid and my suspicions were correct that makes the lid not sit correctly. I've seen some other threads mention similar issues and the option to try to hammer it back but I'd love to avoid that. Any other clever tricks?

I've already emailed RecTec CS and will hopefully hear from them tomorrow. If I get sent a new grill, does anyone know how that process works? Do I have to send back the dented one before they'll ship a new one?

Thanks!
-ST
IMG_6913.jpg

Reading of these damaged 340's on delivery makes me want to open up the box before the UPS driver leaves. This makes twice I've read where the owner doesn't, to my knowledge, contact the shipper. Maybe RT needs to rethink packaging in order to present a greater challenge to warehousemen!!

The shipment arrived when I wasn't home otherwise I would have refused the delivery. The inside was packaged amazingly well, seems UPS just found the one magic spot like the vent on the death star...

Unfortunately, this is par for course with UPS. They don't handle packages worth a damn (ask me how I know ;)), and it just seems to be getting worse. Whenever I saw what the box looked like, I was not feeling too optimistic, but fortunately for me and my 340, the only thing that was compromised was the bottom tray that sturdies up the legs, but it was so minor that I was able to easily straighten it back out.

In your case...I'd definitely be sending that back for a replacement. And perhaps dicuss a change in shippers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back