Bull RT-700 Favorite Accessories

JCF

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just purchased my RT-700. Interested in hearing what your favorite must have accessories are?

also - recommendation on pellets.

Can’t wait!!

I've had my RT700 since Saturday, so I'm not much of an authority, but I purchased the folding front shelf. I also bought the smokebox. My wife likes smoked cheese.

20200629_201918.jpg

thermopen MK4, meat temp probes, front shelf is key, good rubs, frog mats, good set of tongs, cutting board, meat injector...... the list goes on and on. You will be buying things you never would have thought of to feed your ongoing need to produce good Q. I am a fan of cookingpellets.com and Lumberjack pellets, but there are a lot of good products out there. Welcome to the club, and enjoy every minute of the BBQ and RT lifestyle.

thermopen MK4, meat temp probes, front shelf is key, good rubs, frog mats, good set of tongs, cutting board, meat injector...... the list goes on and on. You will be buying things you never would have thought of to feed your ongoing need to produce good Q. I am a fan of cookingpellets.com and Lumberjack pellets, but there are a lot of good products out there. Welcome to the club, and enjoy every minute of the BBQ and RT lifestyle.

Thanks! Good info. You mention meat probes - are they sold separate and I have a thermo pen...how accurate is the thermometer that come with the system?

I actually have the old 360 (first iteration of the Bull) which did not come with any probes associated with the controller. I did buy the upgraded controller which was made available by RT. But as many on this site already know, even now almost two years later, I still have not installed the new controller with WiFi and the meat probes. Pure laziness. Right now I use Maverick ET-732 (limited to two probes) or the Inkspot (four probes). Been debating adding the Thermoworks Smoke to the probe arsenal. Love the MK4.

Just purchased my RT-700. Interested in hearing what your favorite must have accessories are?

also - recommendation on pellets.

Can’t wait!!
1) Definitely get the folding shelf, this should be standard.

2) Also grill grates. You can buy them from Rec Tec if they have them in stock, otherwise you can find them on Amazon or grillgrate.com. I bought them from a local dealer. Make sure to get the spatula and tongs that match. These are all amazing inventions.

3) Two reliable thermometers; a solid handheld and also one with multiple probes. The built-in ones are fine, third party ones are better.

Thanks! Good info. You mention meat probes - are they sold separate and I have a thermo pen...how accurate is the thermometer that come with the system?
I’ve had my 700 for a few weeks. It comes with 2 probes and you can calibrate them if needed by putting them in ice water and in the controller settings you can adjust them to read 32 degrees if it’s off. Mine were dead on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back