RT numbers

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
This site has seen a jump in membership and I've noticed 2 for sure, and possibly a 3rd RecTec smoker within 3miles of my house., and I'm out in the corn n bean fields... (I'd like to believe I had something to do with their purchases..lol) Have you guys been noticing alot of your locals buying RecTec also?

Last edited:
I don't know of 1 person who has a pellet smoker, or any other kind for that matter. I do know one or two that have the el cheapo electric cabinet smokers that they rarely use.

It would be nice to know a couple of folks who cooked as well to commiserate with and to be able to set on their deck or patio and throw back adult beverages while I watched them cook and sweat while I critiqued their efforts instead of it always being the other way around.:sneaky:

I live in traeger country and about everyone I know has a pellet cooker of some sort, my friend bought the rt680 and it made me realize there was a lot better option than that brand especially when they sold. I bought my 700 and a week later one of my friends bought the 590. Best purchase I have ever made!

I've told and shown a number of people my Rec Tec Bull, but I personally don't know of anyone in my area that even owns a pellet grill of any brand. Though I am seeing stores such as Lowes, Home Depot and Sportsmen Warehouse all carry more and more pellet grills so I guess that's an improvement.

I personally only know one person with a pellet cooker. I am here in NJ, so not too popular yet. However, a colleague who works down in Texas has a stick burner and wants to get into pellet cooking. I have talked a lot about my 680 and the cooks that have come from that pit. He saw a Pit Boss at Wally World and picked it up, just to see if he likes the pellet cook compared to the stick burner. I think he is now sold on the pellet cookers. He is using the PB for the remainder of the summer, giving it to his son and buying a Rec Tec. Either the 700 or 590. I will update everyone when he gets his pit. Another RT convert!

A secondary way of having a feel for how many folks in your area are into pellet poopers would be availability of large size bags of pellets, and how many brands on the "shelf". It would be a lagging indicator, but as demand for fuel grows vendors will often respond. In my little slice of Texas there's not a lot of options with Sam's maybe being the volume supplier, the other choices only stocking limited quantities and often just 8-10 # bags.

A secondary way of having a feel for how many folks in your area are into pellet poopers would be availability of large size bags of pellets, and how many brands on the "shelf". It would be a lagging indicator, but as demand for fuel grows vendors will often respond. In my little slice of Texas there's not a lot of options with Sam's maybe being the volume supplier, the other choices only stocking limited quantities and often just 8-10 # bags.
Definitely true...I like to order mine from Amazon etc...free shipping not leg work and more variety.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back