Stampede RT590 alarm

flracer43

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My alarm did not work set at127° hit128° never went off
have S8+ android, also grill temperature alarm doesn't work.

Last edited:
I have a 340 and don't know how to get my alarms working. For the probe temperature and the deviation. Had the deviation set to 10 degrees (it went 50 over the set temp) and it didn't send an alarm. Never got it to work.

I’ve had an RT590 for a month and mine have never worked either. (Alarms, Alerts) Rec Tec has been working on the fix for some time but folks are getting impatient. I also read a review stating that the unit goes to warm mode when the meat reaches its final target temp to prevent overlooking. It does not have this feature .... although I wish that it did. Rec Tec needs to get the app fixed ASAP so that I can sleep during an overnight cook! That’s one of the reasons why I bought it. Better let Rec Tec know that you are having issues.

welcome-to-the-party.gif

An extra call or email doesn't hurt. When I talked to them , said they were aware of it and working on it. I told them this has been a known factor for quite some time now.

Reactions: Kim
Yep call them and let them know. The more people that call and let them know that it's an issue the more likely they are to take it seriously.

+1 for reaching out to RECTEC...you may not receive the immediate answers you want, but for now it’s about helping them identify the impact across the customer base...the more widespread the issue appears to be, the greater the likelihood that the issue will be addressed above other less reported issues.

Reactions: Kim
Use a digital thermometer with alarm capabilities as a back up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back