Bull Scratches on Bull.

JFuentes

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I just got my Bull put together last night and it looks fantastic. I did have some deep scratches in some stainless portions and light scratches in other spots. Minor issue but the Bull looks too good to have so many scratches. Here’s a pic of the worst/deepest one. Anyone else’s arrive the same way?

Attachments

• 3AD29F9C-10DA-4A28-91BD-808D17FF1AB6.jpeg
    3AD29F9C-10DA-4A28-91BD-808D17FF1AB6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
  • 40BB8A96-50CD-4C5B-A68C-0C895CFC287F.jpeg
    40BB8A96-50CD-4C5B-A68C-0C895CFC287F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 136
You can take out a lot of these scratches using some light sand paper. I had a huge scratch in mine on the shelf that has the wifi/temp assembly and they replaced the shelf. From your pictures it looks like those should buff out.

Jeff

There is a bit of art to replicating brushed finish stainless. While "sand paper" is an alternative for the experienced, if you're new to dressing scratches on a brushed finish you may have better success with a fine grade Scotchbrite pad. Usually their texture is noted by color. Red is often the most aggressive or abrasive, gold the least. I would suggest starting with the least aggressive and experiment with how much hand pressure and number of strokes for a given result. Start dry, but if you really have to work it some light lubricant will help. While it should be obvious it's still best to restate that all rubbing should be in the direction of the existing grain, not in circles or across the grain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back