Bull Showdawg's Bull RT700 mods

Showdawg

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I wanted to have searing a little quicker. So I added the Camp Chef sear station to the side. Had to add some aluminum from home Depot where the handle mounts to clear the stack. Was able to reattach the handle on the side of the sear station. I also added a cord reel under the controller.

20190623_152026.jpg

I like it! My answer to searing was to get a Bullseye. The Bullseye is awesome, and I find myself using it more during the week on fast cooks. A whole chicken on the Bullseye turns out like it would have on my Kamado Joe when I toss wood chips on the deflector plate. It doesn't have a PID, but doesn't need one. The RT-700 and the Bullseye together are a winning combination.

Before I rebuilt my wifes fathers gas grill... I was going to buy a bullseye along with my 700 but they were not avail and wouldnt be for quite some time which is why I did the rebuild. They look to be a great grill and a great combination between the two.

I wanted to have searing a little quicker. So I added the Camp Chef sear station to the side. Had to add some aluminum from home Depot where the handle mounts to clear the stack. Was able to reattach the handle on the side of the sear station. I also added a cord reel under the controller.

View attachment 673
Looks good, if you dont mind taking close ups of the mod. Would like to do the same thing but with the sidekick. Hopefully mine arrives mo day

Agreed, I'd love to see some more detailed photos. This loadout is gorgeous!

View attachment 673
I just purchased camp chef sear box and want to do this mod on my RT680. Do you have a instructions on how you did the mod and parts used? I really like how clean you did this!! great job!

Best combo ever. I love my one two punch.

I like it! My answer to searing was to get a Bullseye. The Bullseye is awesome, and I find myself using it more during the week on fast cooks. A whole chicken on the Bullseye turns out like it would have on my Kamado Joe when I toss wood chips on the deflector plate. It doesn't have a PID, but doesn't need one. The RT-700 and the Bullseye together are a winning combination.

View attachment 673
Talk to me about your extension cord reel. Did you modify one so you had the male end on the retractable side of it? I am having a hard time finding a similar one to yours.

So I added the Camp Chef sear station to the side. Had to add some aluminum from home Depot where the handle mounts to clear the stack. Was able to reattach the handle on the side of the sear station

Can you do a write up on the sear station mod? I'd love to see instructions and more pictures please. Just ordered my bull and this is on my list of things I want to do as soon as I get it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back