Sigh...thighs again

Blues1

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Thighs again. Slim pickin's in the meat dept these days. I ain't complaining. Neither is my wife!

Attachments

• 4 4 20.JPG
    4 4 20.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 246
Hey Blues, those look grate. Nothing wrong with chicken thighs. Matter of fact my son turns 21 tomorrow, and his dinner of choice is a Thai Chili skinless boneless thigh dish that everyone in the house loves. Yours look outstanding!

Thank you. Will be waiting for pics of yours tomorrow ;)

Thighs again. Slim pickin's in the meat dept these days. I ain't complaining. Neither is my wife!
Those look awesome. There are so many good recipes you can make with the thighs, Blackened Chicken Thighs with Garlic Butter Sauce. Easy recipe on chickensweetcsdesigns.com ??

Those look awesome. There are so many good recipes you can make with the thighs, Blackened Chicken Thighs with Garlic Butter Sauce. Easy recipe on chickensweetcsdesigns.com ??

Oooh, haven't thought of blackened. Love anything blackened. That'll be next!

Hey Blues, those look grate. Nothing wrong with chicken thighs. Matter of fact my son turns 21 tomorrow, and his dinner of choice is a Thai Chili skinless boneless thigh dish that everyone in the house loves. Yours look outstanding!
Could you please share that recipe? I love Thai food!

Hi all. Apologize for stealing this thread, but since it is not a RT cook, did not want to start a new thread, and wanted to reply to a few of the responses to show the cook.

I love boneless/skinless chicken thighs cooked in many different ways. Offered up whatever my son wanted for his 21st birthday dinner (which included a trip to the butcher for dry aged ribeye steaks -- he turned down) he chose the Thai Chili thighs.

These are not anything special from a Thai perspective, but always really good. Sorry Brian, I know our were looking for more of a traditional Thai type dish.

Basically took boneless skinless thighs and trimmed off any additional fat. Coated with a little EVOO on both sides. One side I season with a seasoning from Penzey's Spices -- Bangkok Blend, and the other side with Singapore Seasoning. Today I cooked on my gasser (FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME) due to other things going on with the birthday, but I have cooked these on the gasser, the 680 with grill grates and my charcoal kettle. If using your RT, heat the grill grates as though you would be cooking a steak.

Let the rubs set on the thighs while your pit and grates come to temp.

Cook each side of the thigh for 4-5 minutes to ensure the thigh gets cooked through. (I am not a good recipe person as I usually do not go by number of minutes, but by look and feel on where the meat is with the cook).

Once the thighs are almost completely cooked, and good sears on both sides, brush a Sweet Chili Thai Sauce on one side and flip so the sauce is on the grill grate. Keep it on this side while the sauce caramelizes on the grate, and at the same time sauce the exposed side. Cook the about 2 minutes, or until you have good sear marks.

After the first side us done, flip to put the other side on the grill (try to find a place that was not used yet if possible) and caramelize the other side. Once again about 2 minutes.

I like to squeeze some lime juice and a little cilantro on the top when done. Tonight I only had green onion.

These have never disappointed.

Attachments

• Chix Seasoned.jpg
    Chix Seasoned.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Chix before thai sauce.jpg
    Chix before thai sauce.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 80
  • Chix completed on the pit.jpg
    Chix completed on the pit.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Chix off the cooker.jpg
    Chix off the cooker.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Chix plated.jpg
    Chix plated.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 84
Hi all. Apologize for stealing this thread, but since it is not a RT cook, did not want to start a new thread, and wanted to reply to a few of the responses to show the cook.

I love boneless/skinless chicken thighs cooked in many different ways. Offered up whatever my son wanted for his 21st birthday dinner (which included a trip to the butcher for dry aged ribeye steaks -- he turned down) he chose the Thai Chili thighs.

These are not anything special from a Thai perspective, but always really good. Sorry Brian, I know our were looking for more of a traditional Thai type dish.

Basically took boneless skinless thighs and trimmed off any additional fat. Coated with a little EVOO on both sides. One side I season with a seasoning from Penzey's Spices -- Bangkok Blend, and the other side with Singapore Seasoning. Today I cooked on my gasser (FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME) due to other things going on with the birthday, but I have cooked these on the gasser, the 680 with grill grates and my charcoal kettle. If using your RT, heat the grill grates as though you would be cooking a steak.

Let the rubs set on the thighs while your pit and grates come to temp.

Cook each side of the thigh for 4-5 minutes to ensure the thigh gets cooked through. (I am not a good recipe person as I usually do not go by number of minutes, but by look and feel on where the meat is with the cook).

Once the thighs are almost completely cooked, and good sears on both sides, brush a Sweet Chili Thai Sauce on one side and flip so the sauce is on the grill grate. Keep it on this side while the sauce caramelizes on the grate, and at the same time sauce the exposed side. Cook the about 2 minutes, or until you have good sear marks.

After the first side us done, flip to put the other side on the grill (try to find a place that was not used yet if possible) and caramelize the other side. Once again about 2 minutes.

I like to squeeze some lime juice and a little cilantro on the top when done. Tonight I only had green onion.

These have never disappointed.
Hi there and thank YOU! It all looks great! I am going to give this a try. The spices sound delicious! Keep on grillin'.

They look really good! I like leaving them spread flat when doing them on a gasser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back