Simple Turkey Breast

cookingjnj

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hi all. I have done and shown this one in the past, but thought I would share again as I am on a roll with the pit this week. This is just your typical Honey brined Bone-In split Turkey Breast cooked on the RT. I did not brine myself, this came commercially this way from Wegmans. It was a little smaller than I would have liked (2.5#), but in today's environment, beggars can't be choosers.

I used a spray butter on the outside of the breast and up under the skin. Rubbed with my favorite all purpose rub. Pit set at 225. Breast went on the pit for 2 hours at 225 and reached an internal of 229, which is higher than anticipated (probably due to the smaller breast). Pumped temp up to 375 to crisp the skin and finish the cook. Pulled the breast at an internal of 167 after 45 minutes. A little higher than I wanted, hopefully the pre-brine will be kind to me. Skin was great, breast was great.

Tomorrow starts Passover which is a big holiday for my wife. I have never, ever liked brisket in all the years we have been married since her family basically cooks it like a pot roast. I hate pot roast in all that liquid. Four years ago I got the RT just before Passover, and guess what we have each year now??? Yep a perfect smoked brisket. Gonna be throwing a flat on the pit tomorrow morning. Will give updates on that cook too, if anyone really cares to see "another" brisket cook.

Happy Cooking all!!

Attachments

• Turkey.jpg
    Turkey.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 82
Always love to see good cooks, especially briskets. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back