Smoke enhancement

Daveschally

Bought a smoke tube and it seems to work but have heard that you can also place some pellets on top of the fire pot cover. Is that a good practice?

I believe they are talking about a Cast Iron Heat Deflector there
Not sure if the Stainless ones will deal with it
You may have to call and ask RecTec on that

I wonder if you had the time and the patience to play with the temp control, if you could get the smoke you wanted. Say you get it up to 2-something and drop it to Lo, then crank it up again and drop it to Lo - repeat as often as you have patience for.... That drop cuts the feed, and the fan - giving you a less efficient burn, some smoldering - and therefore some smoke.
Me - I expect the grill not to taste like the stick burner I had or the charcoal grills I have. Seems like something to try on a day when the family has left, you have a cold six pack and nothing else to do. I think it might work - don't have the free time to test the theory.

smoke tube with wood chips mixed in layered in a good practice if you need more smoke flavor.

Bought a smoke tube and it seems to work but have heard that you can also place some pellets on top of the fire pot cover. Is that a good practice?
The heavy d stick burning heat diffuser works really well but you need to do a modification so it sits over the fire pot like recteqs heat diffuser.

I put cherry, apple, or post oak wood chips on the heat deflector, depending on what I'm cooking. I can definitely taste a difference in smokiness. I don't think I would ever use a smoke tube unless I was cold smoking something.

I put cherry, apple, or post oak wood chips on the heat deflector, depending on what I'm cooking. I can definitely taste a difference in smokiness. I don't think I would ever use a smoke tube unless I was cold smoking something.
Thank you. Just wanted to confirm it was ok

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rmiz64
Back