Smoke flavor

Really was no good place to figured end is the best. I have a propane torch but end up using butane most of the time because its cheap. You can get a 4 or 5 pack at your local asian market for about a dollar a can. I use something that is similar to this but only has a valve and i light with a flame: https://www.amazon.com/Butane-Torch...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The other thing you can do thats simple enough is take a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol. Load your tube up, leave room at the top, put alcohol ball in turn over stand on end with ball on bottom, light ball. When its lit enough for you, blow out flame and or turn on its side. Done ;)

Really was no good place to figured end is the best. I have a propane torch but end up using butane most of the time because its cheap. You can get a 4 or 5 pack at your local asian market for about a dollar a can. I use something that is similar to this but only has a valve and i light with a flame: https://www.amazon.com/Butane-Torch...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The other thing you can do thats simple enough is take a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol. Load your tube up, leave room at the top, put alcohol ball in turn over stand on end with ball on bottom, light ball. When its lit enough for you, blow out flame and or turn on its side. Done ;)
Hi sounds good to me. :) (y)
Thanks Dan

I use 2 of the octagonal smoker tubes as posted by Mastertech59. When used in conjunction with your smoker, you do get double the smoke. I've seen this mentioned as extreme smoke method. But it does work well. Fill tube, light the end on fire until it's burning by itself. Then blow it out, so now you have embers. Lay tube on your grate and walk away. It's also great to add a different flavor kick. So if your hopper is filled with hickory, you can fill tube with cherry and the 2 flavors enhance each other.

Now I need to buy a smoke tube. Thanks fellas ;)(y)
Whenever I buy something, the wife usually asks, "Is that thing going to have babies?".
Me - "I'll just need a couple things."

A heat gun works really well for lighting a smoke tube or tray. I hold it directly against it and in about 45 seconds it's blowing flames like crazy. If I hold it on much longer than that I can't get it to blow out right away and have to let it burn down for a minute or two first.

A heat gun works really well for lighting a smoke tube or tray. I hold it directly against it and in about 45 seconds it's blowing flames like crazy. If I hold it on much longer than that I can't get it to blow out right away and have to let it burn down for a minute or two first.

Cheap heat gun works out well!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back