Smoked Bribes

AlphaPapa

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I am wondering how many out there use their smokers to create bribes? This is why I ask…

Some time ago I complained that I don’t get to smoke brisket or pork butts or ribs often enough since it is just my wife and me. So, I started looking for other outlets. Turns out the guys in my band really like the meats I cook, especially brisket. So, I’ve buying meats when they go on sale and smoking them for my band mates. Last weekend we were talking before a gig and the lead singer/trumpet player mentioned that now that we are getting more well-known, he gets contacted almost weekly from drummers wanting to know if we are looking for one. So, I told him that before he makes any rash moves to be sure to ask for a sample of their brisket!

Just to remind them why they put up with me, I smoked a brisket early in the week and took the packages to rehearsal Thursday night. :) I’m still playing!

So, who do you bribe?

I am wondering how many out there use their smokers to create bribes? This is why I ask…

Some time ago I complained that I don’t get to smoke brisket or pork butts or ribs often enough since it is just my wife and me. So, I started looking for other outlets. Turns out the guys in my band really like the meats I cook, especially brisket. So, I’ve buying meats when they go on sale and smoking them for my band mates. Last weekend we were talking before a gig and the lead singer/trumpet player mentioned that now that we are getting more well-known, he gets contacted almost weekly from drummers wanting to know if we are looking for one. So, I told him that before he makes any rash moves to be sure to ask for a sample of their brisket!

Just to remind them why they put up with me, I smoked a brisket early in the week and took the packages to rehearsal Thursday night. :) I’m still playing!

So, who do you bribe?
The Biden family
Kamala Harris Smile GIF by Joe Biden

OK, I'll confess
I brought a 20 oz "Pint" of my Homemade Kahlua Ice Cream to both, my Manger and General Manager
My Manager didn't care for it much, but I heard His Wife did
On the other hand; my GM and Her Boyfriend eat the whole pint in one sitting
She said; "If you make more, we'll definitely take some"

When I cook ribs, I do take some to a couple of neighbors…older folks.

I have a few military families as nearby neighbors. I make it a point to make extra BBQ and give some to those families on/around Military Appreciation Day/Week.

So, they aren’t bribes but they are good for my relationships with my neighbors. And I’ve been on this forum long enough to get a sense that many others on this forum probably do something similar or the same.

When I cook ribs, I do take some to a couple of neighbors…older folks.
I enjoy gardening, so I raise much more than we will eat. I used to take some to my neighbor, until he told me ‘We don’t eat many vegetables, but we would not turn down some of that BBQ that you cook.’ 😀 speaking of older folks, at 93 my MIL was still visiting a nursing home during Christmas to cheer up the residents. My wife told her you are older than most of them. You should be careful the home doesn’t let you leave because they think you are a resident!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back