Other Smoked Brisket Empanadas

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Last month I was at a show in Texas and as an appetizer they had Brisket Empanadas and they were the bomb!
So after a bit of research and looking at lots of recipes I decided to give it a go. But instead of appetizers, I wanted to make something that could be a meal or something to have with soup or another dish.

To make this a bit more interesting I decided to try 5 different combinations of the fillings.
1. The first was just brisket.
2. Brisket and sauce.
3. Brisket with sweet peppers, cheese and potato.
4. Brisket cheese and sauce
5. Taco meat with refried beans and cheese

The ones we like the most was Brisket with some BBQ sauce, Brisket with sweet pepper, cheese and potato and finally the taco with refried beans and cheese was really good. Overall I think you could put your favorite filling and it would be a hit.

Ingredients:

¼ cup Smoked brisket chopped fine
¼ cup baked potatoes (remove skin and chop small)
¼ cup sautéed mini peppers diced small
2 t butter for sautéing the peppers
¼ cup Sargento 4 cheese Mexican cheese

1 can Grand’s Southern Style Buller milk Biscuits (5 biscuits in the can)

2 T melted butter

Directions:

Pre-heat grill to 400°F.

In a skillet over medium heat add 2 t butter and then the mini peppers. Sauté until soft and a bit of color.

Next lightly flour counter top and open up the can of biscuits. With a rolling pin roll out the biscuits into a round shape about 5” in diameter.

Place biscuits on parchment paper or pizza screen. Then add 2 T brisket, 2 t potatoes, 2 t pepper and 2 t cheese. Brush the edges with water and then fold over and crimp with a fork.

Brush the tops with melted butter

Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Remove and place on grill for 15-18 minutes. Remove when golden brown and place on a cooling rack for 4-5 minutes.

Notes: If you are making for a future dinner, just freeze before you bake them. You can also add a bit of BBQ sauce to the mix.

You can also use Taco meat, beans and cheese, very tasty!

Best Greg

Attachments

• e ready bake.jpg
    e ready bake.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 139
  • e ready to eat.jpg
    e ready to eat.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 90
  • dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back