Beef Smoked Brisket injected with Kosmos Smoke House Reserve Blend

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Super impressed this was my first time doing brisket on the Stampede and also using the Kosmos Smoke House Reserve Blend injection. The brisket was super juicy and the tenderness was spot on!

Brisket
11 lb. prime brisket from Costco

Injection:
1/3 cup Kosmos Smoke House Reserve Blend and 2 cups of Au Jus.

Binder: 3 T Pickle Juice/3 T Yellow Mustard

Rub:
Rub 7 Parts Black Pepper, 3 Parts Kosher Salt, 3 Parts Lawry’s, 1 Part Garlic

Directions:

Trim off hard fat and any silver skin. In a large steam pan, inject the brisket. Pat dry and then apply then apply yellow mustard/pickle mixture on both sides. Apply the rub and then cover with foil and place in refrigerator overnight.

Pre-heat the smoker to 265 degrees and place the brisket in with the fat side down.

Checked brisket once it hit 203, let it go to 205. Pulled and placed in a steam pan, added some Au Jus, wrapped in foil and then in towels for one hour.

Best Greg

brisket 165 degrees.jpg
brisket ready to slice.jpg
brisket point sliced.jpg
brisket dinner.jpg

That looks fantastic! I cooked one yesterday as well using the same injection and it turned out great.

Attachments

• 2AD28B39-E1AC-4C2E-9E20-BB5EB6C183CE.jpeg
    2AD28B39-E1AC-4C2E-9E20-BB5EB6C183CE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 104
  • ECDCEBBE-F2A4-4A0A-A556-12F7190C3BD7.jpeg
    ECDCEBBE-F2A4-4A0A-A556-12F7190C3BD7.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 92
  • ACE24425-4407-4583-B461-1CE4FC6A294A.jpeg
    ACE24425-4407-4583-B461-1CE4FC6A294A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 94
Looks like yours also turned out awesome!
My only thing I may change next time is to use only use water instead of the Au Jus. My wife said little saltier than normal, but still great!
Best Greg

I was thinking about the salty comment. Could it be the Lawry’s?
Lawry’s is salt, pepper, garlic. I don’t use it any more it’s just to salty for us. Many others like it so it’s “beauty’s in the eye of the beholder” I guess. With ur salt pepper and garlic I think the Lawry’s is overkill maybe?

No this rub I use I have been using for years on brisket. The injection has a lot of salt 633 percent for 1/4 cup. Even the directions say use broth or water. Salt is really what you get used to, I stay away from food that have over 30 percent salt. Anyways, I would not say to salty, just more that more than normal for my brisket.

As a side note my rub is adapted from one of the great pit masters in Texas, John Lewis. He helped out his buddy get started in Austin Texas, the one and only Aaron Franklin. Later he partnered with LeAnn Mueller to open his own placed called La Barbecue.

Years I stopped by his trailer bbq where you stood in line for 1-2 hours to place your order. But it was worth it, while you waited in line they offered free Lonestar Beer (in a key) and served burnt ends!

Best Greg

Last edited:
Just a side note From me IMHO stuff.... If I/You can Taste the salt it is "Way to salty"... We buy food to enjoy, if it all taste's like SALT, then just lick the Salt Block... Real food Veg and Meat has a great flavor by it self, when not covered with salt you can taste....Yes things need some salt, and balance of enough before tasting it.. ..again IMHO "It is the ART of smoking/cooking"

To little to much salt, is really personal thing. If you reduce the salt in your meals and that is what you are used to then McDonnell fries taste really salty.

The key here is to be in control with what you add to your meats, this way get the results that work for you.
Best Greg

You kept it on 265 for the whole time? That’s an impress smoke ring.

Super impressed this was my first time doing brisket on the Stampede and also using the Kosmos Smoke House Reserve Blend injection. The brisket was super juicy and the tenderness was spot on!

Brisket
11 lb. prime brisket from Costco

Injection:
1/3 cup Kosmos Smoke House Reserve Blend and 2 cups of Au Jus.

Binder: 3 T Pickle Juice/3 T Yellow Mustard

Rub:
Rub 7 Parts Black Pepper, 3 Parts Kosher Salt, 3 Parts Lawry’s, 1 Part Garlic

Directions:

Trim off hard fat and any silver skin. In a large steam pan, inject the brisket. Pat dry and then apply then apply yellow mustard/pickle mixture on both sides. Apply the rub and then cover with foil and place in refrigerator overnight.

Pre-heat the smoker to 265 degrees and place the brisket in with the fat side down.

Checked brisket once it hit 203, let it go to 205. Pulled and placed in a steam pan, added some Au Jus, wrapped in foil and then in towels for one hour.

Best Greg

View attachment 2267View attachment 2270View attachment 2271View attachment 2272
Greg,
Is the pickle juice for flavor or tenderizing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back