Pork Smoked Pork Chops

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Grilled up some pork chops for dinner last night. They came out tender and tasted great!

Ingredients:
2 Bone-in Berkshire Pork Chops
Yellow Mustard (used as a binder for the rub)

Seasoning:
BBQ Rub – No Salt

Brine (Double 4 Chops:
2 cups apple juice
2 T kosher salt
2 T apple cider vinegar

In a large zip lock bag add brine, close and mix until salt is dissolved. Add pork chops to brine and place in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours.

Pre-heat smoker to 235 degrees

Remove chops from brine and pat dry, apply yellow mustard and then BBQ rub on all sides of the chops. Let rest at room temp for 15 minutes.

Add chops to smoker and smoke until chops reach 140 degrees.

The next step is optional for searing. You can crank up the grill to high and then sear on both sides. Heat a cast iron pan on high and then sear. Or what I do a lot of the time is hit is with a culinary torch.

Note: Brined for 1.5 hours, smoke time 1 hour 20 minutes. Seared with culinary torch, rested covered for 5 minutes.
Best Greg

p ready grill.jpg
p grill.jpg
pdinner.jpg

Last edited:
You are so right, tonight I am smoking Rib Tips!
Best Greg

Grilled up some pork chops for dinner last night. They came out tender and tasted great!

Ingredients:
Yellow Mustard

Seasoning:
BBQ Rub – No Salt

Brine (Double 4 Chops:
2 cups apple juice
2 T kosher salt
2 T apple cider vinegar

In a large zip lock bag add brine, close and mix until salt is dissolved. Add pork chops to brine and place in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours.

Remove chops from brine and pat dry, apply BBQ rub on all sides of the chops. Let rest at room temp for 15 minutes.

The next step is optional for searing. You can crank up the grill to high and then sear on both sides. Heat a cast iron pan on high and then sear. Or what I do a lot of the time is hit is with a culinary torch.

Note: Brined for 1.5 hours, smoke time 1 hour 20 minutes. Seared with culinary torch, rested covered for 5 minutes.
Best Greg

View attachment 2395View attachment 2396View attachment 2397
Looks amazing. I used to use that torch. Consider getting a searzall. It is a wide flame and does an outstanding job. I use it when I sous vide any meat. I used on chicken thighs I made on the 700. Crisped them right up. Your pics made me hungry.

Looks amazing. I used to use that torch. Consider getting a searzall. It is a wide flame and does an outstanding job. I use it when I sous vide any meat. I used on chicken thighs I made on the 700. Crisped them right up. Your pics made me hungry.
Home Pic- bull 700, Pitmaker Vault, and best of all a perfect springer spaniel soaking up the sunshine.

Attachments

• 784CE003-2DB6-45F0-AAC5-F5B802067EB0.jpeg
    784CE003-2DB6-45F0-AAC5-F5B802067EB0.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 139
For the price point and normally only cooking for 2, this was a better option than the searzall.
Best Greg

Ingredients:
Yellow Mustard

Seasoning:
BBQ Rub – No Salt

Brine (Double 4 Chops:
2 cups apple juice
2 T kosher salt
2 T apple cider vinegar

Remove chops from brine and pat dry, apply BBQ rub on all sides of the chops. Let rest at room temp for 15 minutes.

Best Greg

View attachment 2395View attachment 2396View attachment 2397
Looks great! Where does this yellow mustard come in? Is it in the brine too? Thanks

S
Looks great! Where does this yellow mustard come in? Is it in the brine too? Thanks
Sorry,
Forgot to add that info to the recipe, the yellow mustard is used for a binder for the rub.
Best Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back