• 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, cubed
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • Pinch of salt
Topping:
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tbsp sugar or Lane's BBQ Strawberry Shortcake Rub
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a mixing bowl combine the flour and cold butter with a fork or dough cutter until the butter and flour's texture resembles wet sand.
  2. Add the water and salt and mix until a dough ball forms.
  3. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, wrapping in plastic and letting rest in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
  4. In another bowl combine the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and zest, then mix well.
  5. Roll out the dough pieces into 1/8 inch thick and line the baking dish or pie pan with one.
  6. Fill with the strawberry mixture and then top with the other.
  7. Top the dough with egg wash and sugar or Lane's BBQ Strawberry Shortcake Rub.
  8. Cook on your REC TEC at 400℉ for 35-45 minutes until the crust is golden brown.

Does the pie take up the smoke flavor and if so how did it come out? It looks fantastic!! What flavor pellets did you use?

@NU2SMOKE I have tried this recipe in my RecTec Bull and the RecTec comp pellets. The pie turned our amazingly well and you do get a hint of a smoke flavor in my opinion.

Really at 400 F you're not smoking at that point.

@NU2SMOKE I have tried this recipe in my RecTec Bull and the RecTec comp pellets. The pie turned our amazingly well and you do get a hint of a smoke flavor in my opinion.

Really at 400 F you're not smoking at that point.
Ok well seeing how I have a sweet tooth that cannot be satisfied....hence i\Im a fat bastard...and I love fruit pies...hence fat bastard...I am going to have to put this on the list of first things to try!!

Ok well seeing how I have a sweet tooth that cannot be satisfied....hence i\Im a fat bastard...and I love fruit pies...hence fat bastard...I am going to have to put this on the list of first things to try!!
Be sure to let us know your thoughts on it! (y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back