Bull Smoker box or not?

Zman

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey All,

New here and glad I found this site! I have had my bull for a month now and just love it. I have been eyeing the smoker box addition but was hoping to get some feedback on it. Do those that have it use it a lot and if so what is it used most commonly for?

Thx for any tips

Z

Hey All,

New here and glad I found this site! I have had my bull for a month now and just love it. I have been eyeing the smoker box addition but was hoping to get some feedback on it. Do those that have it use it a lot and if so what is it used most commonly for?

Thx for any tips

Z
I use it for a warming box during the summer months and will cold smoke fish and cheese in the cooler months.

Mine came with the bundle I ordered, otherwise I would not have paid full price for it. That being said it does give you a bit more capacity and if you are interested in cold smoking or having a warmer box why not?

Hey All,

Thx for any tips

Z
Yep, I have it and use it for my salmon and stuff... .. nice addition to an outstanding grill,Best
4C607745-ED4A-4287-A1B0-30E626B468DC.jpeg
Regards.. Eldon

Attachments

• 094F6EF1-ECDA-47EB-894C-BA898EFC8A4E.jpeg
    094F6EF1-ECDA-47EB-894C-BA898EFC8A4E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
  • E4692598-4978-4379-BB80-AB78A1D0A7F7.jpeg
    E4692598-4978-4379-BB80-AB78A1D0A7F7.jpeg
    984.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 299A4107-44C2-4099-A8FE-78B400FED767.jpeg
    299A4107-44C2-4099-A8FE-78B400FED767.jpeg
    579.8 KB · Views: 183
I use mine primarily for bacon and sausage. I don’t turn on my RECTEC. I place a smoke tube in the RECTEC and put meat in the smoke box. It works great.

Can't put a tube in the main chamber (without turning it on) and cold smoke it there without the need for smoker box?

Hey All,

Thx for any tips

Z

No for me, I slow cook everything... But do not do cheese.. Never miss one...

I use it for a warming box during the summer months and will cold smoke fish and cheese in the cooler months.
Not technically cold smoke though as i think it only gets down to the low 100's no?

I have a smoker box on my 700, would buy it again? (Nope). Yes it gives you warming capabilities, but it is not a true cold smoker as you have heat from the main box passing through. But I really haven‘t explored all the things and ways this box might be useful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HunterC
Back