Bull Smoking two meats

Hickst1414

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Guys, I am doing a 12lbs turkey and a 7lbs flat brisket tomorrow. I’m setting at 225. Which side cooks hotter and lower? Which side should I put each meat?

Each smoker is unique and has hotter spots in different places. Trial and error learning will come with experience. I’d put swap them around periodically until you learn where your spots are located.

Each smoker is unique and has hotter spots in different places. Trial and error learning will come with experience. I’d put swap them around periodically until you learn where your spots are located.

Thanks! Also my alarms won’t go off once it hits the team. I checked all the setting to make sure the sounds are on. Any advice.

Guys, I am doing a 12lbs turkey and a 7lbs flat brisket tomorrow. I’m setting at 225. Which side cooks hotter and lower? Which side should I put each meat?
If I'm not mistaken the guys at RecTec once said that the left side of the Rec Tec RT-700 is a bit warmer than the right side.

If you're really concerned about the temps, I would suggest putting a couple thermometers in the grill and double checking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back