Stampede Sorry you didn’t buy the bull

Johnny Volvo

Greetings, We have just begun to search for a pellet grill and are leaning towards the stampede or bull. Do any stampede owners wish the would have purchased the bull version? If so, why?

Thank you for your input.

JV

I've had my 590 for nearly a year. Bought it over the Bull because of the space consideration I imposed on myself (depth more than length). For my typical uses the difference in internal space was so modest it wasn't enough to sway my choice. I'd be very happy with a Bull, but also don't regret not getting one. Ya gotta love a win-win...…………...

I've had my 590 for nearly a year. Bought it over the Bull because of the space consideration I imposed on myself (depth more than length). For my typical uses the difference in internal space was so modest it wasn't enough to sway my choice. I'd be very happy with a Bull, but also don't regret not getting one. Ya gotta love a win-win...…………...

I have to agree.

For a minute, I regretted not getting the Bull, as it's the "flagship" and the most hyped Rec Tec product.

But as I have used my RT 590 Stampede at least 1-2 times per week over the last 10 months, and sometimes more, I am solidly glad that I did not buy the Bull as I have other cookers and plenty of grilling real estate. Furthermore, the approximately 9 inch increase in width is simply not something that I miss.

I prefer the variety and the option to go between my pellet smoker and my other charcoal and wood cookers as some things the pellet grill does better, some things the charcoal and wood cookers do better.

The Stampede is the perfect size for me in a pellet grill, and has served me well and continues to serve me well.

Pictured below is my Stampede with the optional competition cart and the front shelf.

IMG_0713.JPG

My son has the Bull,
I bought the Stampede.
Son says he would have been ok with the Stamped, doesn't need the size of Bull.
I am thrilled with the Stamped and love there smaller foot print.
Grill space is not an issue.

Thank you for all the replies. I’m leaning towards the Stampede as we are a family of three, but if we were to host a party I just want to be sure we have a big enough grill. Neighbor has a traeger and could always use him as a back up plan.

If the cost isnt an issue and you are only going to have 1 grill, i would suggest the bull as i guarantee there will be more then one time in its future you wished you had the extra space. If you have more then one as several do, then the smaller will do you just fine. I own a bull and its just me and the wife and just me several months a year. Many times its a single steak smoking on the bull, but we do occasionally have get togethers where the bull is at its max capacity. Just know regardless of your choice, they are fine grills and the customer support is top notch.

The extra 6 inches of grate length on the Bull could be useful for those times you need a larger cook, and it will fit the slightly larger optional auxiliary shelf that RT sells. But just for reference, I've done a butt and rib cook large enough for 20 people on the 590 with some room to spare. But then, we don't want you to get desperate and resort to borrowing a Traeger to get bye.:oops::ROFLMAO:

Uncle Bob you are correct. Using a traeger would be a travesty, however, ny neighbor is a little brainwashed as his BIL is a traeger dealer.

When I looked at the Bull it became, "well, for a little more I could have a Blaz'n, but for a bit more than that I can have a Yoder," and before long I was looking at a MAK. Then I reassessed what I really needed and came back to the Stampede. It's met my needs pretty well.

I went with the Stampede over the Bull because its much more sqft than the Kamado Joe I have. The bull is a little larger, but not large enough for the extra cost, and honestly I like how the stampede looks more. The stampede will get to temp quicker due to less space to heat. I mean there are a lot of advantages. If you need to cook for a ton of people get the bull, if not, the stampede is amazing.

If the cost isnt an issue and you are only going to have 1 grill, i would suggest the bull as i guarantee there will be more then one time in its future you wished you had the extra space. If you have more then one as several do, then the smaller will do you just fine. I own a bull and its just me and the wife and just me several months a year. Many times its a single steak smoking on the bull, but we do occasionally have get togethers where the bull is at its max capacity. Just know regardless of your choice, they are fine grills and the customer support is top notch.
I’ve owned the Stampede for over a month now and have not regretted the size dimensions until this pas weekend. Bought four racks of spare ribs to smoke and only three would fit on the grill. Fortunately, for a party of 7, the three racks were plenty of food.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back