SafetyDan

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-680
I’ll tell you how it comes out in 2 hours
3035ADC1-A227-43E0-9A05-5DE322FACDDD.jpeg

Crispy.......
Before I put on seasoning, I made a gallon on boiling water, then poured it over it the skin to remove some fat and tighten it up. It was amazing watching how the skin tighten up. Then I dried it and rubbed with Olive Oil and seasoned.

Before I put on seasoning, I made a gallon on boiling water, then poured it over it the skin to remove some fat and tighten it up. It was amazing watching how the skin tighten up. Then I dried it and rubbed with Olive Oil and seasoned.
Never thought of pouring water on it to remove some of the fat. Brilliant!!

Did it get done in 2 hours? I did one (12#) on the BFG at 325 and took a good 3 hours. Also had dressing, green bean casserole and turkey stock on at the same time. Maybe why took much longer?

IMG_20191129_162204.jpg

What sort of tool did you use to cut the turkey? It seems like that could be quite a job?
But that turkey turned out looking great!
I have a set of kitchen shears. Not the scissors from the knife block. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TKYWDFK/

Did it get done in 2 hours? I did one (12#) on the BFG at 325 and took a good 3 hours. Also had dressing, green bean casserole and turkey stock on at the same time. Maybe why took much longer?

View attachment 1595
Took me 2.25 hours at 415

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back