charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
When I put the RT-590 Competition cart together I would like to add a bottom shelf. Has anyone tried to see if the RT-590 bottom shelf will fit inside the Competition cart bottom frame?

Last edited:
I dont have one, but I dont think there is a way to get to a shelf on the comp cart.
You are probably right. If the bottom shelf dimensions are just right I could put it inside the cart while putting it together.

I have a competition cart on my bull. Unfortunately no way to add a shelf, as far as I know. I have yet to see that done. You can take the standard cart legs and shelf and add a top to it. That makes a good utility table. A few folks have posted pictures of that one.

I have a competition cart on my bull. Unfortunately no way to add a shelf, as far as I know. I have yet to see that done. You can take the standard cart legs and shelf and add a top to it. That makes a good utility table. A few folks have posted pictures of that one.
What I am thinking for right now is using 1/4" plywood cut to fit. Then slip in the frame while putting the cart together. I don't need much room, just a little place to put grate brush, gloves, smoke tube, stuff like that.

If you come up with something, post a picture. Folks here love to see creative solutions. I have learned so many things. You will be very pleased with the smoker. I upgraded after years of struggling with an masterbuilt electric one. Rec Tec was a massive improvement. Did an 11 hour brisket smoke yesterday that was awesome.

If you come up with something, post a picture. Folks here love to see creative solutions. I have learned so many things. You will be very pleased with the smoker. I upgraded after years of struggling with an masterbuilt electric one. Rec Tec was a massive improvement. Did an 11 hour brisket smoke yesterday that was awesome.
Yep, will do, I like pics. I doubt the lower shelf will fit in the cart. Probably will go with 1/4" plywood. I hope we like the Stampede too. We only use a grill couple times a month. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, and sometimes ribs. I know it is an overkill but maybe wife will venture off and do some smoking sometime.

I saw a post where a guy took the shelf from the original cart and used it in the bottom of the compitition cart. He used a cutting disk to cut slots in the shelf to to fit over the inside braseing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineGriller
Back