Stampede Stampede On The Way

I also finally pulled the trigger on the 590 silver package after deliberating for about 3 months and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I voiced concerns to RecTec about the 590’s ability to perform in the brutally cold and windy Wyoming winters but was assured by Chef Greg it would be OK! We shall see...?

You guys will love the Stampede. I am 6 months in and can't imagine smoking on anything else.

Stampede headed my way as well, just ordered the Silver Package. I can't wait for it to get here, I NEED a tracking number NOW !

I'm excited to have mine coming too, was curious how long it would take to ship, I ordered mine Thursday, it was shipped Friday and I got the call today.... will be here Thursday!

I have had my Stampede for about 3 weeks now and it has performed lawlessly with precision temperature control that allows me to run around town, adjust temps etc. during a cook. I review my charts using the app and the temp control is unreal. If you like more smoke flavor, just be sure to give the meat at least an hour of low temp/high smoke before turning up the heat. (You may prefer more) Your guests will be impressed and the smoke flavor comes out just right. I have not needed to used my smoke tube yet. (Personal preference of course!) My family now confesses that my past efforts were too smokey (overpowering) prior to the Rec Tec......... but now all I get are compliments... “Wow, the smoke is just right....how did you do it?” I’m trying my first ribs this weekend, I am very confident that the results will be the same. By the way, my smoker was delivered a week earlier then expected. Maybe I just got lucky. Good luck!

Patiently waiting to hear from them yet. Ordered last Saturday. Said 7-10 days.

Well boys, joined the crowd. Pulled the trigger. Mother-n-law said she wanted a brisket for Christmas this year & my face lit with joy. Been eyeballing the Rec Tek for about a year now, just waiting on the moment. It has came! Merry Christmas. Hope it just gets here be then, otherwise it's gonna be sticks & a early morning

Thought i'd tag onto this thread as well, just ordered the 590 today sweating the Christmas delivery too. Looking forward to grilling and the threads here were very helpful in locking in on Rec Tec and the 590 model, thanks for the great resource.

I ordered the $1200 package on Cyber Monday and it just arrived yesterday. Went to set it up and one of the legs won't fit in the slot because it's bent out of shape. I hope you all have better luck than I do.

When I got my Bull, I had a leg that the holes where oversize and not tapped. I called them, they not only sent me the replacement ups next day, they sent me the full spice/rub/sauce set for my trouble. I was thrilled about the free $90 retail value. Great customer service.

@trentcarden, I also ordered on that weekend and received my Stampede on Dec 13th, early evening. My only issue was with the local freight company; my request to have it delivered a full five business days after they received it (Dec 7th) was a chore to set up and ended up being a late in the day delivery (just before sunset).

When it did arrive, the cardboard box containing half the pellet bags had apparently separated from the rest of the shipment and was no longer secured to the skid: the cardboard box itself was destroyed, but all of the pellet bags were intact.

As for the boxes still secured to the skid, the Stampede itself and all the other accessories, the boxes were well packed, dry, and free of damage...so overall, I was quite pleased....only the local freight company tainted my experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back