RT-680 Stuck on extreme smoke

Twister

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Not sure where to post this since the 680 is discontinued. I did the upgraded controller about a year ago and never had this problem. My grill is set to 225 and the fan is off and on off and on like it would do in extreme smoke mode but never did this before. Any clue how to get the fan to run all the time?

I to have this problem. I am using the wifi control bd. When I turn it on it does not matter what temp I call for it runs in extream smoke mode. I set the temp. to 350 it hits the correct setting and stayed in extreme smoke and will not reset. I have unplugged the 680 and tried again but the problem still exists. Have a call into rectec now will post what they tell me.

I to have this problem. I am using the wifi control bd. When I turn it on it does not matter what temp I call for it runs in extream smoke mode. I set the temp. to 350 it hits the correct setting and stayed in extreme smoke and will not reset. I have unplugged the 680 and tried again but the problem still exists. Have a call into rectec now will post what they tell me.
Did you ever get a call back from them?

A little late but today I have the same problem. Had this once before and it just went away. I wonder if the control Bd being in direct sunlight on an 80 deg day would cause erratic behavior.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back