Stuffed pork chops

garmp

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. RT-300
I was thinking about taking two pork chops and sandwiching stuffing between then and throwing then on the smoker. My wide insist that I should precook the chops to some point then sandwiching the mix. Any thoughts? Or am I way off base with this?

thanks

I have done stuffed pork chops but not by binding two together. I have the butcher cut them at about 5” and I slit them open season the interior and use stove-top stuffing that I make extra loose so it can cook with the chops and finish drying out. For me tying them off to keep every thing from falling out is also helpful. They actually turn out pretty well. Give us an update when you finish your cook.

I've done stuffed pork chops many times over the years. My takeaways are:
  • Get the thickest pork chops you can find so the meat isn't too thin when split and dry out.
  • Brine, brine, brine every time I do anything pork loin related. It makes a world of difference. It doesn't need to be a fancy brine. Sugar and salt and maybe some herbs and garlic.
  • Make sure the stuffing comes up to proper eating temp for food safety when cooking.
  • 50/50 sometimes I find that the stuffing wants to "ooze" out when the meat starts contracting during cooking so sometimes (when I remember), I will tie up with some butchers twine.
Just my experience. Others may have better ideas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back