Stampede Stupid Question

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All What would be a good guess for the pounds of pellets under the grate in the hopper?
Thanks Dan

Last edited:
I took my grate out, even before I used the grill. I have since changed pellets once and scooped out the hopper as best I could. I would think something like 2 pounds or less. I was unable to clear the auger channel though.

DFB is probably close at 2-3 pounds but I have to ask... Why does it matter??

I wanted to know so if I made a pellet change, when the new pellets were in the fire pot.

Found this advice somewhere else on the web.
Get a bucket head vacuum from Homie D. Costs like 23 bucks. Get a Homie D bucket with a lid. Lids have a rubber seal that keeps contents dry. Vacuum out your “Hickory” pellets or “Apple” or “Mesquite” Or whatever is currently in there and put lid on and store them until you want.
I now have two buckets “Hickory” and “Apple”. I swap out depending on the meat and flavor I want.

So I'm assuming answer is 2-3 lbs..I'm into a 6 hr rib cook right now, and I'll see "IF" I have to add pellets. So "IF" the answer in 2-3 lbs I'm sure I would have to add. Lets see what really happens, so far 3 hrs into the cook@ 180 extreme snoke,still plenty of pellets left?
Thanks Dan

Hi All I did a 5 1/2 hr rib cook @ low temps and still had plenty of pellets in the hopper. Just might be more then 2-3 lbs under the hopper great?
Thanks Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back