Temp Issue

Gotbbq

Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Doing a low cook. All good for 3 hrs, then rose to 185, 190, 195, 200. Any thoughts ? ??

The factory default for Min Feed Rate is .65 I think. I had to change mine to .55 I don't know if it was the pellets or seal that caused it to run hot.

The factory default for Min Feed Rate is .65 I think. I had to change mine to .55 I don't know if it was the pellets or seal that caused it to run hot.
I’ve been sealed for a while and no issues but I will lower feed rate to 5.5 and see what happens. ??

I have that issue on long smokes. Usually at the 5 hour mark my temps will climb 10 to 20 degrees above the set point. Does that for a little while and then comes back down and settles at the set point. When it does it I usually just drop the set point 5 to 10 degrees and then back up.. if all that makes sense..

I have not messed with the factory set point..

I have that issue on long smokes. Usually at the 5 hour mark my temps will climb 10 to 20 degrees above the set point. Does that for a little while and then comes back down and settles at the set point. When it does it I usually just drop the set point 5 to 10 degrees and then back up.. if all that makes sense..

I have not messed with the factory set point..
The problem is that the bull was already set at 180. Couldn’t set any lower. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back