Temperature Probes

GaHokie

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Has anyone found any reliable after-market probes? None available from Rec-Tec at this time.

@GaHokie the meat probe that @Mastertech59 mentioned are the only other replacements that I've heard that work with the Rec Tec controller. All the other meat probes out there use a male end, whereas the Rec Tec's have a female end.

One possible solution for you, and those that have them swear by them, would be to get a Fireboard.

I have not found any, But for Fathers day my daughter got me an inkbird so I've been using that

Today is the last day for the current sale on Signals. (Until it goes on sale again.)
I have been eye balling that there ThermoWorks Signal. Sure is a good sale. But I have spent enough lately ordering a RT-590 and some accessories to go along with it. The Mrs is already on my A--. I think I am going to trust the RT control panel and all its probes for now before I purchase an aftermarket temp checker. I do have a new Mk4. It is awesome.

I have been eye balling that there ThermoWorks Signal. Sure is a good sale. But I have spent enough lately ordering a RT-590 and some accessories to go along with it. The Mrs is already on my A--. I think I am going to trust the RT control panel and all its probes for now before I purchase an aftermarket temp checker. I do have a new Mk4. It is awesome.
That's a solid plan. Thermapen Mk4 will get used a lot more. RT probes will get you in the ballpark, then rely on the instant-read to both probe for tender and get a temp.

(And the Signals will go on sale again in the future if you still want it later.)

That's a solid plan. Thermapen Mk4 will get used a lot more. RT probes will get you in the ballpark, then rely on the instant-read to both probe for tender and get a temp.

(And the Signals will go on sale again in the future if you still want it later.)
Thanks @mooncusser2k. Got lots to learn.

Happy to help. You'll find all sorts of uses for the instant-read aside from grilling - including roasting, heating on stovetop and even reheating in a microwave. No more cutting something open and hoping it's warm inside. Or hoping you cooked to a safe temperature.

Happy to help. You'll find all sorts of uses for the instant-read aside from grilling - including roasting, heating on stovetop and even reheating in a microwave. No more cutting something open and hoping it's warm inside. Or hoping you cooked to a safe temperature.
Thanks @mooncusser2k.

The Rec Tec probes will get you in the ball park then use the MK4 for the final temperature your looking for. I too have been looking at the Thermoworks Signals but am now leaning towards the new Fireboard 2, I really don't need either one but I like gadgets.

Last edited:
Just a heads up these temperature probes are back in stock on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...smid=A1YRAL32K446J8&psc=1&&tag=rectecgrill-20
Screenshot_20200725-101743_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back