Other Texas Twinkies

mikeb

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Not from Texas but have done Texas Twinkies twice now with very good results. The wife is not into hot or overly spicy food but she loves these.
  • Use large jalapeños, cut off tops and remove all seeds and membrane.
  • Make a mixture of cheddar and cream cheese then add some chopped brisket (always seem to have leftover brisket).
  • Stuff the jalapeños with mixture and replace the top.
  • Wrap each jalapeño with bacon.
I took my RT 700 up to 450 using the flat side of searing grids. When bacon is nice and brown brush each with BBQ sauce and cook for another two or three minutes.

Wonderful flavor and no heat, just great appetizer that will fill you up.

I've always known these as atomic buffalo turds.

For my filling I use cream cheese, shredded cheddar (always grate by hand, don't use that preshredded nonsense), granulated garlic, green onion, a dash of cayenne, Worcestershire sauce and minced summer sausage

I've always known these as atomic buffalo turds.

For my filling I use cream cheese, shredded cheddar (always grate by hand, don't use that preshredded nonsense), granulated garlic, green onion, a dash of cayenne, Worcestershire sauce and minced summer sausage
Atomic Buffalo Turd has a nice ring to it..I might have to go with that. Hahaha!!

The ABT's I have heard of, seen and cooked had a lil smokie stuffed inside instead of brisket.
I use the whole pepper and the stem is the "toothpick" for the bacon.
But I will have to try the Texas Twinkie after my next brisket.

Not from Texas but have done Texas Twinkies twice now with very good results. The wife is not into hot or overly spicy food but she loves these.
  • Use large jalapeños, cut off tops and remove all seeds and membrane.
  • Make a mixture of cheddar and cream cheese then add some chopped brisket (always seem to have leftover brisket).
  • Stuff the jalapeños with mixture and replace the top.
  • Wrap each jalapeño with bacon.
I took my RT 700 up to 450

Just curious if you added smoke or had any smoke flavor at all at this temp. If not, why sear on rec tec as opposed to bbq? Recipe sounds great, thanks for sharing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back