BFG The BFG and pending rain in the Forecast

So y'all doing these cooks in the rain, never had issues with water/moisture getting into the hopper? Like I have already mentioned, something along the lines of these, are the best solution IMHO for wet weather BBQ. Of course I do my wet conditions BBQ in the garage, but NEVER over night or when I'm not home.

https://tailgate.net/tailgate-tent/
I’ve had no issues with the hopper or the auger rain or shine, as men I do have a cover over the vents, as opposed to the little vent extensions RT sells.

I’ve had no issues with the hopper or the auger rain or shine, as men I do have a cover over the vents, as opposed to the little vent extensions RT sells.
Got a pic of the vent cover? I can cook in the rain even with my 1070. It's when it's sitting there doing nothing that the rain does its work. The firepot is sunk flat into the floor of the 1070 vs a raised channel on most of the other recteq pics I've seen. So I'm guessing the water leaks in, seeps around the firepot, gets into the feed tube.... then I get wood pulp concrete. Not in a position to throw this away on trash day as some other disenchanted posters claim they would do. So I've got to keep looking for little tweaks to make it better than what I got from the factory.

Something about chicken bones, fire and drums, but I’m unsure about the exact ceremony.
I-D Wrestling GIF by VICE España

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back