Thermoworks Rules

Gotbbq

Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey, I just got the thermoworks dot. I'm a big fan of their products. I have one with an alarm on my commercial freezer and it works great. The dot comes with a regular meat probe, all good. I ordered an extra high temp "pit" probe (up to 600 degrees) to go along with it. I'm going to cook today and check the internal temp of the pit. Just wondering how the temp varies from place to place. I have a BBQ Guru (https://www.bbqguru.com/info/UltraQ ) that can do the same thing and much more but this is just a quick and simple way to check. Anyone check and see differences in pit temps? Hot spots? Temp accuracy? ??

I have a DOT and Smoke that I use all of the time. I set the DOT probe right next to the pit probe and the probe was within 1 degree F of the DOT. I have used both while smoking to check for pit temps. On my Trailblazer, there's about a 20-30 degree difference of being hotter on the right side. I'm in the process of playing around with some airflow mods to see if I can lower the differences in the temps. I also used the DOT to verify the accuracy of the two meat probes and they both were within 2 degrees F of the DOT.

I checked mine last weekend. From far right to far left, once the lid was closed and things got settled down, there was less than 10 degrees difference. A little fluctuation now and then, under the 10 degrees, but pretty darn even. Frankly I was surprised.

I have a DOT and Smoke that I use all of the time. I set the DOT probe right next to the pit probe and the probe was within 1 degree F of the DOT. I have used both while smoking to check for pit temps. On my Trailblazer, there's about a 20-30 degree difference of being hotter on the right side. I'm in the process of playing around with some airflow mods to see if I can lower the differences in the temps. I also used the DOT to verify the accuracy of the two meat probes and they both were within 2 degrees F of the DOT.
Thanks for the info

I checked mine last weekend. From far right to far left, once the lid was closed and things got settled down, there was less than 10 degrees difference. A little fluctuation now and then, under the 10 degrees, but pretty darn even. Frankly I was surprised.
I’ll let you know if i’m surprised ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back