To turn or not to turn that is the question

2Wheeler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So I’m doing my first ribs on my RT-590 set at 225 do I need to turn them over after a time or just let them go for 3 hours until I wrap them? Thoughts?

So I’m doing my first ribs on my RT-590 set at 225 do I need to turn them over after a time or just let them go for 3 hours until I wrap them? Thoughts?
I have never flipped my ribs during the cook. I will monitor the temp on both sides of the meat to make sure they are pretty close. If the hot side is cooking faster, I will rotate them around, but not flip them. On my Trailblazer, the right side is definitely hotter. I'm not sure if the 590 is that way too, or not. I cooked some Korean B-back ribs last week and they were fantastic.
ribs2.jpg

spritzing every hour if I remember.
I have never flipped ribs when cooking. I have even now got to a point where I do not even wrap anymore. On the pit, 225 til done. Usually around 6 hours or so, spritzing every hour if I remember. Matter of fact, have a rack in the fridge right now that will be going on in about 1 hour. Gonna have some ribs for dinner tonight.

Bytor, those are some good lookin ribs!

I don't turn or wrap my pork ribs either. 225 until they pass the bend test. Usually in the area of 6 hours. Lip smackin good.

Well I didn’t turn, but did wrap them and before placing them back on the grill I poured a little apple cider over them finished up with sauce and the results were spectacular. Thanks for all the tips and input.

I put honey and brown sugar on the foil, then put the ribs upside down on it and wrap But when unwrapped they are always rightside up.

Yeah that is how I did it, they turned out great, nice ride by the way.
(y)

Thanks, but that Rocker isn't mine... yet. I keep pressing my buddy to sell it to me, but he has literally bought and sold that exact bike back twice already! He knows if he sells it to me, he won't get a third chance!

I've got a '15 FLTRXS that my big ass cruises around on, and my wife has a 2011 XL1200. I absolutely love my bike.

15FLTRXS-1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back