Trailblazer lid issue

Brett

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Is the lid on the trailblazer supposed to sit flush? I have a pretty decent gap and it just doesn’t seem like it fits no matter where I position it?

Attachments

• 562F69BC-480E-4A16-B555-E50D39248715.jpeg
    562F69BC-480E-4A16-B555-E50D39248715.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 173
  • 2E050503-D403-4C10-8DC7-721BA9F6B19A.jpeg
    2E050503-D403-4C10-8DC7-721BA9F6B19A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
Mine sits almost the same way.. bought mine 2 weeks ago. It’s had big temperature swings.. they sent me a new controller.. and it’s still not rite...I still don’t see that much smoke coming out though...

Mine sits almost the same way.. bought mine 2 weeks ago. It’s had big temperature swings.. they sent me a new controller.. and it’s still not rite...I still don’t see that much smoke coming out though...
That’s good to know about the lid, and that’s the weird thing my temperatures are rocksolid I get maybe at 2 or 3 Degree swing at the most, except for when I’m changing temperatures or warming up for the first time and it over shoots a little bit but then it stabilizes right away... I hope you get your controller figured out I wish I had some suggestions for you.

Is the lid on the trailblazer supposed to sit flush? I have a pretty decent gap and it just doesn’t seem like it fits no matter where I position it?

Hey Brett, mine was sticking out as well. Although, not quite that far, but I just stuck the end of my tongs under the edge of the lid about 1-2 inches from the top where it looked like it was sitting flat and pressed down enough to kind of spring the hinge (not sure if it really did this) and shape it to where it closes now.

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 118
Hey Brett, mine was sticking out as well. Although, not quite that far, but I just stuck the end of my tongs under the edge of the lid about 1-2 inches from the top where it looked like it was sitting flat and pressed down enough to kind of spring the hinge (not sure if it really did this) and shape it to where it closes now.
Loosen the bolts that attach the hinge to the barrel slightly and close the lid so contacts the barrel then retighten the lid bolts, it may have shifted slightly when shipped.

Loosen the bolts that attach the hinge to the barrel slightly and close the lid so contacts the barrel then retighten the lid bolts, it may have shifted slightly when shipped.

Did yours come fully assembled? I had to install the lid on mine, and I tried several different hinge adjustments and it was still a tad bit off. I was gonna let it slide until after using it I noticed a decent amount of smoke leaking out on that side, so that's when I decided to take a more physical approach. Lol

Did yours come fully assembled? I had to install the lid on mine, and I tried several different hinge adjustments and it was still a tad bit off. I was gonna let it slide until after using it I noticed a decent amount of smoke leaking out on that side, so that's when I decided to take a more physical approach. Lol
I don't have a RT-340 Trailblazer I have a RT-700 Bull so far. Your physical approach may be the way to adjust the lid, I have performed this physical procedure as a technician many times on vehicles doors over the years to get them to fit better.

I don't have a RT-340 Trailblazer I have a RT-700 Bull so far. Your physical approach may be the way to adjust the lid, I have performed this physical procedure as a technician many times on vehicles doors over the years to get them to fit better.

Yeah, whenever the finesse approach doesn't work you just gotta do whatcha gotta do. :)

That worked perfect I used a large screwdriver wrapped in a towel and stuck it underneath the lid and closed the lid on it where it looked like it was catching and pushed down and sure enough it sits perfectly flush now... Thanks for the advice!

Attachments

• F407839F-A123-47C1-8739-65F62FB83EA8.jpeg
    F407839F-A123-47C1-8739-65F62FB83EA8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
  • C8174EBC-2C63-43FC-8242-4E016AABE50B.jpeg
    C8174EBC-2C63-43FC-8242-4E016AABE50B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
That worked perfect I used a large screwdriver wrapped in a towel and stuck it underneath the lid and closed the lid on it where it looked like it was catching and pushed down and sure enough it sits perfectly flush now... Thanks for the advice!

I'm happy to be of help, and glad you were able to remedy this.

Cheers! ?

Brett, assembled my Trailblazer this week and noticed gaps in the lid on both sides toward the bottom. Your gaps seem much wider than mine however. I contacted Rec Tec and David Harris assured me this was normal and needed for air flow. Personally, I don't buy this explanation. I would contact support if you have not done so already.

Brett, assembled my Trailblazer this week and noticed gaps in the lid on both sides toward the bottom. Your gaps seem much wider than mine however. I contacted Rec Tec and David Harris assured me this was normal and needed for air flow. Personally, I don't buy this explanation. I would contact support if you have not done so already.
I don't see why the gap is needed for air flow too. It is not inhaling, it blows the smoke out in most videos I have seen and makes a mess on the stainless steel. I have Fireblack 1/2 x 1/8" tape gasket ordered for my new RT-590 that is suppose to ship next week.

My lid didn't fit well across the bottom so I placed a 1/4" thick piece of wood under the lid next to each hinge and pressed down it and it fit perfectly on each side. Due to the construction of it it still had a gap top and bottom and the lava lock across top and bottom cured that. I got 15 ft of it and used 40" so I figure I have a lifetime supply.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back