Traveling With Cooked Meat Question

GH41

I have to cook a family meal at my place and deliver the cooked meat to a location an hour away. I would wrap the ribs individually in foil and carry the chicken in a foil pan all inside a cooler covered with a couple of towels. It could be as long as 2 1/2 hours between taking it off of the grills and eating. Just trying to be as safe as possible. What do you guys think?

I have to cook a family meal at my place and deliver the cooked meat to a location an hour away. I would wrap the ribs individually in foil and carry the chicken in a foil pan all inside a cooler covered with a couple of towels. It could be as long as 2 1/2 hours between taking it off of the grills and eating. Just trying to be as safe as possible. What do you guys think?
You will be good to go with warping and putting it in a cooler, it's amazing how long food keeps warm doing this, my only other suggestion is to pre heat the cooler with some hot water before putting the food in.

You will be good to go with warping and putting it in a cooler, it's amazing how long food keeps warm doing this, my only other suggestion is to pre heat the cooler with some hot water before putting the food in.
Temp will be 90+ this Sunday. I'll preheat the cooler on the driveway! I'll duct tape the lid shut and let it ride in the bed of my truck. Not too worried about keeping it warm as much as I am about it being at warm room temperature for a couple of hours. Thanks

The ribs and chicken were almost too hot to handle 2 hrs after taking them off of the grills. I took the ribs off a half hour earlier than I would have if not traveling and they were perfect. I took the chicken breast off at 165. That was a mistake. They were dry upon arrival. Next time I will take them off at 150.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back