Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Did a tri-tip for dinner tonite.

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_2729.jpeg
IMG_2731.jpeg

Pro-Tip: note the yellow lines in the top photo. It is much easier to “read” the grain before the cook. Take a photo and mark the cut lines (across the grain) for future reference.

This tri-tip was seasoned with my home-made SPOG+ over a yellow mustard binder and went on the grill at 180F (LO) for an hour, then finished at 275F for about 30 minutes. Pulled it from the grill at 131F and rested for 30 minutes before carving. It was a perfect (at least, for us) medium rare.

My spouse added baked potatoes and avocado halves with honey mustard dressing. I added a glass of nice Basque Rioja red wine. Life is good!

Last edited:
I’m not doing the cooking but I’m at a new “spot” in Garden Grove California. Winnie ( the owner) has been on several TV competition shows. More info when they open. Here are some pre-food pics.

IMG_1587 Medium.jpeg

IMG_1596 Medium.jpeg

IMG_1589 Medium.jpeg

IMG_1586 Medium.jpeg

IMG_1595 Medium 2.jpeg

IMG_1594 Medium.jpeg

I’ve seen Winnie on some Harry Soo YouTube videos, and while I know she is good at BBQ, how she located the financing for what she is doing is even better!

That is mighty impressive. Let us know how the food is.

Did a tri-tip for dinner tonite.

View attachment 21642

View attachment 21643View attachment 21644

Pro-Tip: note the yellow lines in the top photo. It is much easier to “read” the grain before the cook. Take a photo and mark the cut lines (across the grain) for future reference.

This tri-tip was seasoned with my home-made SPOG+ over a yellow mustard binder and went on the grill at 180F (LO) for an hour, then finished at 275F for about 30 minutes. Pulled it from the grill at 131F and rested for 30 minutes before carving. It was a perfect (at least, for us) medium rare.

My spouse added baked potatoes and avocado halves with honey mustard dressing. I added a glass of nice Basque Rioja red wine. Life is good!
Looks absolutely delicious! And I can’t think of a better wine to have with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back