Triple Flavor Wing Run

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I couldn't get any interest up to shoot clays with friends today. So, I opened a beer and one thing led to another. I started three different spiced wing batches.
The first batch is Durty Asian, made from Rectec blend of their rubs Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub and Asian Persuasion .

The second batch is their Greek Freek rub.

The third is just some hot wing sauce.

I ran them at 235F for 2 hrs and now ramped it up to 400F. The recipe called for 275 for 2 hrs, but i wanted a bit more smoke. I'm using a 60/40 mix of Rectec UB and LJ Cherry.
20200105_130456_resized.jpg
20200105_150129_resized.jpg

I'm only as sharp as a marble, remember, but I'm thinking your clay disks won't crumble until you stop hitting the ball out of the park with your cooks.

Last edited:
All three batches looks great @Roaniecowpony.

Which ones where your favorite? The one on the far right looks the best to me.

My favorite was the Freakin Greek rub from RecTec. The Durty Asian was second. The Buffalo sauce just disappeared. I think several glaze coats of Buffalo sauce would help as it finished up on the grill.

The Greek rub is a garlicy, salty and herb rub. The asian rub had some sweet taste to it.

I like it!!
Next time you might want to toss in the Buffalo when the wings come off so it doesn't get cooked away, lay it on a honey/spice cooked on glaze. I bet that Asian would benefit from some heat to the sweet as well. Yum stuff.

Those all look outstanding Roanie. I just used the Greek rub on a spatchcocked chicken on Saturday. Second spatchcock I have made, and probably the best chicken I have ever made. Eating the wings, I know how good yours were. Thanks for sharing since I did not share mine, so I guess as the saying goes if I do not have pics it did not happen. Ugh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back