Trailblazer Trying to Decide on First Pellet Grill

I have the 340 and while I am completely happy with it, the biggest flaw (as roanie pointed out) is the advertised cooking area is msleading. The inside dimensions are 20 x 17, or 340 sq inches. The cooking grate drops it to 317, but the real limit is the size of the drip pan, which effectively puts it around 250 sq inches. That is a huge difference.

It does fit 2 pork butts, 2 racks of ribs (flat - 3 maybe with shelf - haven't tried), a 10 lb pork belly (barely), and has enough room for chicken or burgers.

It does take 2 shifts to cook 1 1/2 pounds of bacon, so I've stopped using it for that. I don't own the small shelf but I think it's probably a necessity. I was originally debating between the 700 or the 340. Overall, I'm glad I chose it. I love the travel option and have used it for that already.

I have the 340 and while I am completely happy with it, the biggest flaw (as roanie pointed out) is the advertised cooking area is msleading. The inside dimensions are 20 x 17, or 340 sq inches. The cooking grate drops it to 317, but the real limit is the size of the drip pan, which effectively puts it around 250 sq inches. That is a huge difference.
This is so true with all the pellet grills that use drip pans thus going as big as you can is what I recommend purchasing. We thought about a RT-340 for camping but still use our little Weber Q hooked up to the trailers propane system. Now I'm thinking about getting the new Bullseye, if it ever comes out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back