Bull Unable to connect to Wifi after Apple update

Sarge

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Looking for some relief. My WiFi quit on the Bull 700 last week after an Apple update. When I tried restoring it failed after 4 consecutive attempts , then I couldn’t even get a light. Replaced controller today and same problem exists.

Had a b**** of a time reconnecting mine after having to replace a controller that was working fine except for a bad probe connection.

Not sure how an apple update could Cause the WiFi to go out. Are you on 2.4ghz band? Is it recognizing your network at all on the app? Did you update the app to the most recent version?

Had a b**** of a time reconnecting mine after having to replace a controller that was working fine except for a bad probe connection.

Not sure how an apple update could Cause the WiFi to go out. Are you on 2.4ghz band? Is it recognizing your network at all on the app? Did you update the app to the most recent version?
RECTEC had a previous issue after an Apple update. There is also a couple of app fixes last week. As to 2.4, yes it is and was before. I even created a new channel. Either it’s their app or bad boards. The reason I believe it’s boards is the fact I lose my WIFI light after several attempts.

I too would question how an Apple update could affect the WiFi on the Rec Tec. Once the app is used to make the initial connection of the Rec Tec to your local network, the app never connects directly to the Rec Tec again.

So yes an apple update broke the app but has since been fixed. I am wondering if the issue with the thread is not controller wifi (which apple update cannot break), or simply the grill no longer connecting to the phone i.e. apple app issue?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back