Upgraded Diffuser plate/best Chicken to date

DT88

I saw one of these Heavy D diffusers from
Smoke Daddy on FB last week so I ordered one. The video is at 350 degrees.
If any one wants more smoke flavor I highly suggest getting one of these. Not only is it twice as thick as the original diffuser you can add wood chunks, flavor of your choice. It smells exactly like my stick burner now and smokes at all temps. Best upgrade yet by far. It made perfect bite through chicken skin and the taste was exactly like it came off of a stick burner.

It smokes as much at 350 degrees as pellets only do at the 180 extreme smoke setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I acquired my 680 from a guy that made some great mods. The one I enjoy the most is the 2 smoke generators that set on the controller self and pour the pellet smoke into the smoker for as long as I would like heavy smoke. Can load with whatever pellet flavor and for as long or short a time that is required for the meat being smoked.

I acquired my 680 from a guy that made some great mods. The one I enjoy the most is the 2 smoke generators that set on the controller self and pour the pellet smoke into the smoker for as long as I would like heavy smoke. Can load with whatever pellet flavor and for as long or short a time that is required for the meat being smoked.
Do you have a picture of this setup you can share?

Sorry to bring up an old thread... Are you guys still happy with this diffuser? I'm considering getting it, but can't find a lot of discussion or videos from people that use it. (For some reason I can't view the video above.

Reviews are mixed, it appears from many that if you are trying to hold lower temps its particularly tough. However if all you do is higher heat cooking, you should have no issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back