Upgraded from RT 700 Bull to BFG 2500

CentralCali

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Rec Tec customer service is 2nd to None! I purchased the RT700 Bull in September, and absolutely love it, but I wanted something a little bigger, and my awesome wife agreed. I am grateful that Rec Tec customer service graciously helped me upgrade to the BFG 2500, no questions asked. The RT700 is on a pallet back to Georgia, and my new BFG 2500 is due to arrive here in California on Thursday and I can't wait for it to get here. I'm like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive.

I'm a huge Weber fan and love my Webers to death, but now I am also a Rec Tec Fan big time!!!! Any pointers , advice, or tips on the BFG 2500 that I should know? Any and all Help with be appreciated.

Weber 620 Summit
Weber Smokey Mountain
Weber Kettle Grill
Weber Hibachi Grill

There was some discussion here earlier this year about temp control difficulties if the "correct" pellets weren't used. You might want to follow up on that.

I'm glad you let me know. I'll still be using the Rec Tec pallets that came with my Bull but plan on ordering some Lumberjack pallets when these run out. What do you use? And hows your BFG? Your advice is appreciated

I don't have a BFG, just remember the discussion. That's why I suggested you follow up, probably best with RT, before buying pellets that may not satisfy,.

What did that cost? I just asked the same question to RT and was told to read the returns page. I assume 15% restocking fee and shipping back?

It didn't cost anything. They credited me the amount I had paid for the Bull then I just paid the difference for the BFG. I was extremely happy and satisfied that the whole process was easy and effortless. It is great to see that there are still businesses and companies out there that stand by their product, and word. I am now a big Rec Tec Fan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back