Trailblazer Vent Covers for RT340

Rob3TN

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Wondering if anyone has tried and if so what is the result? I would imagine it would help with temperature swings in windy weather. Maybe more smoke to the meat? Thanks for your input.

Wondering if anyone has tried and if so what is the result? I would imagine it would help with temperature swings in windy weather. Maybe more smoke to the meat? Thanks for your input.
The intent was to prevent water from entering the grill. It works as intended.

RT sold them online but as @Rob3TN noticed, they are not on the website. Most likely out of stock and hopefully not discontinued. A call to customer service would confirm.

I have them on my RT-340 and they seem to work fine. I think they hold the smoke in the chamber just a little longer because it has to reverse flow direction, but that’s just my theory and I have no scientific proof.

If you get caught in a rain shower (think Pacific Northwest where I live), they do help keep water from entering the cooking chamber. And, IMHO, they give the lid a more finished look than just a bare hole. :rolleyes:

I have them on my RT-340 and they seem to work fine. I think they hold the smoke in the chamber just a little longer because it has to reverse flow direction, but that’s just my theory and I have no scientific proof.

If you get caught in a rain shower (think Pacific Northwest where I live), they do help keep water from entering the cooking chamber. And, IMHO, they give the lid a more finished look than just a bare hole. :rolleyes:
Ditto.

They give the Trailblazer a finished look, keep rain and snow out

Have them also on the same unit. And in the PNW!! The thing I notice, they tend to cause more drippings on the back of the barrel. Yet I can conclude it can be what I’m cooking or the humidity of the day. It can be wet here!

I went with this setup because Being in the PNW I think it keeps the rain out alot better and its just kooler looking. No performance issues. I have done many mods to the 340 and the 700.

20231108_113810.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back