Trailblazer Very 1st pizza cook on 340...Great method using a dough that is ready to go

Josh M.

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
So my first pizza cook was somewhat of a short cut on the crust as I bought packaged naan made by stonefire authentic flat breads at my local grocery store. I coated naan with small amounts of the best pizza sauce from the grocery store, threw some small slices of baby Bella mushrooms, chunks of feta, spinach, boars head pepperoni and shredded mozzarella. I then cooked on a pizza stone in my rectec 340 @ 400 degrees for about 15 min until naan and cheese got a nice brown tint to it and man! those were some of the most delicious little pizza's I have ever eaten. The naan was crunchy and soft at the same time, toppings were delicious and cooked through and the pizzas had just the right amount of smokey flavor.

So my first pizza cook was somewhat of a short cut on the crust as I bought packaged naan made by stonefire authentic flat breads at my local grocery store. I coated naan with small amounts of the best pizza sauce from the grocery store, threw some small slices of baby Bella mushrooms, chunks of feta, spinach, boars head pepperoni and shredded mozzarella. I then cooked on a pizza stone in my rectec 340 @ 400 degrees for about 15 min until naan and cheese got a nice brown tint to it and man! those were some of the most delicious little pizza's I have ever eaten. The naan was crunchy and soft at the same time, toppings were delicious and cooked through and the pizzas had just the right amount of smokey flavor.
Yeah, I have made a few pizzas with fresh dough on a screen with great results. The nice thing about the 340 if you don't have the vent caps on, is that you can check the status of the cook by looking through them and not have to lift the lid any.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back