Trailblazer Very loose meat probes?

reidk16

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Exchanged my GMG Davy Crockett for the trailblazer.

I am very impressed with this grill honestly, slightly less smoke, sometimes none when cooking at higher temperatures, but man when I put it on low smoke, it smokes! So I'm pretty happy with that.

However; the two meat probes that came with it... you plug them in, and the slightest breeze makes them fall right out of the controller unit... This can't be normal right? There's no tight insertion or feeling of retention, its like sitting a piece of paper on the concrete outside. Anything even walking around it makes it move and fly off. Both ports are like that.

Is this normal and just have to keep a watchful eye on it and maybe put some thin tape around the connections to hold it in, or am I doing something wrong? This is literally my only concern with the grill.

Thanks in advance.

Reid

That doesn’t sound right. They should go in securely. One port on mine requires a little muscle to get it in all the way. I’d try again with a force.

Yeah, even thought I was pushing them in them so hard they would break, discovering there is no magical clicking noise or solid push in I was expecting. I expected it would feel like plugging in a power supply to your laptop or router; you know, very firm push in. These feel alot like putting a 10mm socket on an 8mm bolt kinda loose.

Appreciate your messages; there was no friction. I put a slight piece of electrical tape rolled on each side and they stay in appropriately and still tested perfectly in ice war. I really didn't want to bother rec-tec with such a minor issue; the grill is the cadillac of grills I've had.

Appreciate your messages; there was no friction. I put a slight piece of electrical tape rolled on each side and they stay in appropriately and still tested perfectly in ice war. I really didn't want to bother rec-tec with such a minor issue; the grill is the cadillac of grills I've had.
Something the center probe pin gets crushed down slightly, very carefully you can take a small screwdriver stick it in the pins slot and open it back up. You need to be very gentle otherwise you will break the pin off.

I had a similar issue when I first received my Bull. I would insert the probes and the top one would fall right out, the bottom one would “snap” into place. I talked to Rec Tec about it, we walked through a few things that may cause it. Ultimately after a few minutes on the phone they said the top port was DOA and they ended up sending me a new controller to fix the issue.
Installed the new controller and both probes worked perfectly.
I’d give em a call, they will help find a solution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back