Waxing your grill - anyone do this?

GTSJK

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I saw that in the instruction manual it said you could wax the stainless steel on the grill exterior to enhance its looks. Has anyone tried this? Will just a "Mother's" or Meguires car wax work? Are there any negatives to doing this?

I do not but I've read here or elsewhere from others whom do. I'm an odd duck in that I like my grills and smokers to look well-used :)

Well move over cause iam an odd duck with ya. I like my grills and smokers to look the same way. Bought it to cook in not to shave in..

But bless the people that do. It's yours so do with it as you please...

I'll clean up the exterior with BK's Friend and occasionally spray some stainless cleaner on it. Still keeps it looking good, but not new by any means.

Thanks - Didn't know if the waxing thing was required as the 304SS is pretty when it gets that aged look to it. I also like to have my smoker look like it gets used. Thanks for the replies!

Smokers were not made for waxing. Bad enough we have to do our cars ever so often. To each his own. I do use the Bar Keepers Friend to keep the bull relatively clean but waxing is too much for me. Lazy, lazy, lazy. ??

Any carnuba wax should work. I wonder though, how a hybrid ceramic wax would work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back