3 lb chuck roast - smoked at 200 for 3 - 4 hours
Placed in tray with the following:
1 packet of Au Jus mix
1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
1 stick of unsalted butter
8 to 10 sliced peperoncino w/ juice from jar

back in smoker at 275 for 3 hours or so, or until meat is pull apart

Finished product photos coming...

Two 3lb cowboy ribeyes, 3 extra large taters unwrapped, bacon wrapped asparagus. 1 ribeye with heffer dust, other with Southern Flavor Charbroil. Cooked to 120 then seared on gasser to 135. Excellent!! Fed 5 adults and 3 kids, dogs still gnawing the bones.

20190804_183855.jpg
20190804_202900.jpg

Didn't get a chance to post when it was first done but here is the first brisket attempt. Started off with a 16.5 pound full packer from Restaurant Depot. trimmed it down to 13.75 - Rubbed it down with a light coat of olive oil and seasoned with just salt and pepper. Smoked at 225 fat side down until it hit 160 and then placed in a large foil pan and covered with foil (which allowed for some great au jus). Took it off when the temp hit 201 degrees and my instant read thermometer sunk in with very little resistance. Wrapped for 4 hours in foil and a beach towel. Total cook time was 13.5 hours. I took off the point and made some burnt ends which unfortunately were gone before I was able to snap a pic but they were "holy cow" delicious! All in all I think it came out pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpg
    IMG_4224.jpg
    725.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4227.jpg
    IMG_4227.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4231.jpg
    IMG_4231.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4232.jpg
    IMG_4232.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 70
Inspired by Kim, NU2 and a few others, I have finally cooked my first meatloaf on my pit. Yep, only had the pit for 2.5 years and just now got it done. There are a few reasons, mostly my wife makes a very mean meatloaf, and she did not what to vary too much from how she makes it. You will notice I said I cooked the meatloaf, I did not say I made the meat loaf! My wife and daughter are away for a few days, and my son and I were at the market deciding what to make for dinner. Our supermarket is great and has so many prepared fresh ready to cook foods. There was a 30 once meatloaf calling our names.
I started by seasoning with my favorite all purpose rub as the pit heated up. Set the pit to 225 with extreme smoke, and smoked the loaf for 1:15. While it was smoking I made the Bourbon Siracha meatloaf glaze located on the Rec Tec site. After the smoking I bumped the temp up to 350 for about 45 minutes, then applied the glaze. Probed for temp and it was at 133. Left the loaf on for about another 20 minutes and when I probed it read 159. I pulled and let rest for about 15 minutes. Sliced and ate. Wow.....a great meatloaf if I have to say. Had a nice light smoke flavor, and the glaze was perfect on it. Will make it again. Thanks for the inspiration all!

Attachments

• Meat Loaf.JPG
    Meat Loaf.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 78
  • ML After Smoking.JPG
    ML After Smoking.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 70
  • ML Done.JPG
    ML Done.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 76
  • ML Sliced.JPG
    ML Sliced.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 73
  • ML Plated.JPG
    ML Plated.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 74
Didn't get a chance to post when it was first done but here is the first brisket attempt. Started off with a 16.5 pound full packer from Restaurant Depot. trimmed it down to 13.75 -

So.. When I first read this, it was at a quick glance and thought I read "full packer from HOME Depot" and thought, WOW, they're really diversifying their product lines... Then I realized what it actually said...

That's a good look piece of meat you got there man! Nicely done. Again... if someone would invent a scratch and sniff monitor option, I'd be on the shortlist..

(y)

My oh my ...what to do...what to do?!?!?

I was thinking of doing another fattie....or maybe another meatloaf....

fattie....meatloaf.....fattie.....meatloaf...

Maybe Ill do a fat bacon wrapped stuffed meatloaf...hmmm

Reactions: Kim
There's been a lot of enthusiasm on here lately for bacon wrapped meatloaf (aka Fattie) and while I don't make them I do have a suggestion for a better finished product, especially taste wise. DO NOT use this for your outer wrap...…..please!

Inspired by Kim, NU2 and a few others, I have finally cooked my first meatloaf on my pit. Yep, only had the pit for 2.5 years and just now got it done. There are a few reasons, mostly my wife makes a very mean meatloaf, and she did not what to vary too much from how she makes it. You will notice I said I cooked the meatloaf, I did not say I made the meat loaf! My wife and daughter are away for a few days, and my son and I were at the market deciding what to make for dinner. Our supermarket is great and has so many prepared fresh ready to cook foods. There was a 30 once meatloaf calling our names.
I started by seasoning with my favorite all purpose rub as the pit heated up. Set the pit to 225 with extreme smoke, and smoked the loaf for 1:15. While it was smoking I made the Bourbon Siracha meatloaf glaze located on the Rec Tec site. After the smoking I bumped the temp up to 350 for about 45 minutes, then applied the glaze. Probed for temp and it was at 133. Left the loaf on for about another 20 minutes and when I probed it read 159. I pulled and let rest for about 15 minutes. Sliced and ate. Wow.....a great meatloaf if I have to say. Had a nice light smoke flavor, and the glaze was perfect on it. Will make it again. Thanks for the inspiration all!

Now when you get ready for leftovers fire the smoker back up and cut the meatloaf into about 1" thick slices to heat them again. So good!

I want to try that bourbon Sricha loaf too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back