Show us what you're cooking...

Got some bacon going, store-bought and now smoked to perfection. Hey, this is my second cook so go easy on me.
Pork Loins, 3 ways
QBabes coffee rub
Kosmos Sweet Honey Pecan rub
Salt & Pepper- bacon wrapped

30m lo-max smoke
225 after that
Photo at the beginning and the 2:45m into cook. Meat temps about 120, will pull at 140 and wrap.

Attachments

pork-loin-225-jpg.1348

pork-loin-2h45m-at-225-jpg.1349

Warning! The RT was used for a portion of the total cook process, other devices were also used.

The other day our grocery store in the village had pork shoulders on sale so I picked up a couple. Relegated one to the freezer straight away and the other I had to cogitate on a bit. I am a chili verde fan of the first order, almost always have some in the freezer for quick meals. I had decided I would make a batch of red for some variety. As luck would have it one of the new members here posted up some pics of his chili adovada that day. Divine intervention. He allowed as how he marinated the meat for 72 hours. For my chili verde I usually only do 24 with good results, but I thought, what the heck. So I whipped up a marinade of chipotle in adobo, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, and tequila and let it perk for 70ish hours. I had already deboned the shoulder and sliced it into 1" thick "steaks" when I read the member posting so I was ready to go. This morning I fired up the Stampede for extra smoke and let those steaks absorb a couple hours of smoke. Then moved over to the griddle on the outside stove and put a nice sear on those. While the meat had been smoking I prepared the sauce. I used a recipe from the Serious Eats site because I like the citrus note from the orange and the umami from the fish sauce. You can see it here . Once seared I cubed the meat in about 1" size and added it into the sauce (third pic). From there it was just let it simmer until the cubes are tender and the sauce thickens and coats the meat. The only tweak I did to the recipe that matters (aside from the marinade and smoking steps ) was to add more moisture ahead of the simmer in the form of a bottle of beer. Turned out pretty good...…...…......if I do say so myself.
ado 01.JPG
ado 02.JPG
ado 03.JPG
ado 04.JPG

Ok @Mike Here's the main 3,it probably won't help ya much. 2 were home brew from a butcher's store. But, if you can find Soul Seasoning, any white meat will turn to Ambrosia*...haha I tried to capture the ingredients on the store brand label. If ya need anymore info off it let me know.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191016133059147_COVER.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191016133117283_COVER.jpg

Last edited:
For pellet grill chicken, I like it simple...kosher salt, cracked pepper and granulated garlic.

Serve it up with Alabama White Sauce...https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/244944/alabama-style-white-barbecue-sauce/

Korean Chicken Wings, Apple Crisp.
1/2 of the wings had Bone Sucking BBQ the other 1/2 were the Korean red sauce(gochujang). Skins were a bit rubbery, need to cank the heat up earlier, but the flavors were just WOW.

Also made some slaw for my left over pulled pork street tacos.
Waiting for the apple crisp to cool off a bit.

Attachments

• Korean Wings 2.jpg
    Korean Wings 2.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 71
  • Korean Wings Done.jpg
    Korean Wings Done.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 80
  • Korean Wings.jpg
    Korean Wings.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 75
  • Apple Crisp 1.jpg
    Apple Crisp 1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 70
  • Apple Crisp Done.jpg
    Apple Crisp Done.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 76
1/2 of the wings had Bone Sucking BBQ the other 1/2 were the Korean red sauce(gochujang). Skins were a bit rubbery, need to cank the heat up earlier, but the flavors were just WOW.

I've fou d the chicken takes higher temps to get the skin right also.

Just had some apple crisp. Man o man was it tasty. I will definitely do this one again.

Looking good @wildblue . I'm going to do two 6#'rs for the guys at work Monday night. Probably start at 2am or so. Be my first "unattended" cook.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191027182403526_COVER.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back