Show us what you're cooking...

I was planning on putting this pot in the Rec Tec RT-700 but the weather was just to perfect not to do it over an open fire.

Chili...
chili.jpg

I have had my Bull for about 1 month and I just burned through my first 40 lbs of pellets.
So I have cooked...
2 slabs of ribs
Pork Butt, twice
Papa Murphy take N bake stuffed pizza
Sausage/cheese balls
small brisket
poor mans burnt ends (chuck roast)
Durty Persuasion Chicken Wings

Another pork butt tomorrow for he first cook on the 2nd 40 lbs in the hopper.

So far, everything has turned out really good.

Last edited:
Smoked up two bourbon brined birds today. To go along with it I made a bourbon base gravy...

Attachments

• 20191110_163922.jpg
    20191110_163922.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 20191110_122803.jpg
    20191110_122803.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 82
1577326218845.png

Merry Christmas Ya'll.

I wondered why my two temp probes were 10 degrees off from each other on this one. This was a big boy, so a probe went in each end (thanks Fireboard!) Well I split the difference (at 120 and 130) and figured it out when we sliced it up. Giant spiral fat vein down the middle was goofing me. What should have been just under 4 hours turned into 5 (never plan dinner when smoking) but holy smokes (pun intended) it was one of the best I've had.

Hope you all had similar luck and had good holidays.

View attachment 1699

Merry Christmas Ya'll.

I wondered why my two temp probes were 10 degrees off from each other on this one. This was a big boy, so a probe went in each end (thanks Fireboard!) Well I split the difference (at 120 and 130) and figured it out when we sliced it up. Giant spiral fat vein down the middle was goofing me. What should have been just under 4 hours turned into 5 (never plan dinner when smoking) but holy smokes (pun intended) it was one of the best I've had.

Hope you all had similar luck and had good holidays.
Merry Christmas and nice job!..I agree every piece of meat has its own cooking challenges.. you can always move the probes around when the temp gets close to desired level.

Reactions: Kim
Hey guys, sorry about no pictures but I just smoked a large flank steak which got chopped up and put into a portobello mushroom steak soup. Feed 12 people and it rocked!

Christmas Day rib buffet. Four different rubs and four different sauces. One big pile of bones.
IMG_9272.JPG

Did some Beef last night.....Special props to whomever can say what cut this is!

It came out so tender and Juicy!

View attachment 853

Had some Homemade Chimichuri with it and Black Beans and Rice.

Delish!!

View attachment 854

Ok, this is from last summer, but I didn't find out what cut this is. So, my guess is Flat Iron. Now, what's the beef?

Tonight, I grilled a nice thick NY steak. For sides, I made saute'd green beans with mohagany smoked bacon, wife made saute'd cabbage, baked sweet potato and we had a nice Napa cab to go with it.

Sorry folks, not on the Rectec. This was done on my 10 year old Bubba Keg, with mesquite lump and a few chunks of mesquite wood for smoke, with the charcoal basket raised near the grate. The steak was seared over very hot direct coals and then the steak was moved to the side and the lid closed to finish to about 115F, then immediately placed on a plate and covered with foil and a couple layers of a kitchen towel for about 10 minutes. The steak finished cooking under the foil and towel to about 127F.

P_20200408_191943.jpg
P_20200408_193803.jpg
P_20200408_193243.jpg

Last edited:
Black Stallion huh, you old dog! I have been jonesing for steak over charcoal. soon my friend soon...

My wife is a club joiner and she has a 200 bottle cellar full of stuff that mostly is too much for us to drink daily. So I started searching for cabs under $20 that we could have regularly, from Costco. Black Stallion has worked for us for the past year or so. Big but not harsh. Our regular Pinot Noir lately is Elk Cove from Costco also. I can't say "daily" because my wife vetoes anything but a cab most days. Both are great IMO.

Last edited:
Storm steak tonight. Grilled one of the ribeye steaks I carved today. It was pouring rain while I grilled under the easyup.
P_20200409_195050.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back