What are you smoking today?

Kim

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I put two butts on about noon. Had to peek for a pic but it's blurry. :( Shrugged off temp probes since it's still gotta probe like buttah before it's done.

Attachments

• 2 Butts.jpg
    2 Butts.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 91
It's pleasant to hear from you, Kim! I'm working on a corn beef brisket for pastrami today.

Reactions: Kim
Pork butt @ ~14hrs. Butcher paper wrapped for 2hrs and hand-pulled for sandwiches with homemade creamy coleslaw.

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_113756.jpg
    IMG_20200314_113756.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 92
Did not take pics this time, but I had created a thread a few months back. Yesterday (sorry did not see this posted until this morning), my pit was graced with an order of blue cheese and toasted almond slice stuffed dates wrapped in bacon. They were a hit by all!

Ok now I'm hungry. LOL

Those dates sound amazing!

Hey Kim, if you search on this site, Dates, I did the details plus some pics. They are always a hit when I make them. For this batch I made a homemade Char Siu Sauce and combined 50/50 with Dinosaurs Sensuous Slathering Sauce for those who wanted a little more flavor. Not needed, but available.

Sorry I think I hijacked your post Kim.

Homemade Pizza. Yum

Attachments

• Pizza.JPG
    Pizza.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
Do people who use the smoke tube just put it up on the grates or under the drip pan?

I have put on the grates and under the drip pan if I need more room on the grate. Works both ways.

Today it is brisket. Found this USDA Prime whole packer at Kroger for $2.99 lb a while back. This photo prior to wrapping at the stall. Made me hungry just looking at it.

Attachments

• IMG_9694.JPG
    IMG_9694.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9697.JPG
    IMG_9697.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
Slim pickin's at the store over the weekend, but I did manage to get a BB at a little over 9lbs. Ended up wrapping with B paper at the 9 hour mark, as it was sitting at 165 for quite some time. Pretty much took a little over the 12 hour mark, but it sure was worth the wait. The bark was still pretty crisp even with the wrap.

Pulled bark.jpg
Pulled.jpg

Chicken Chili...why not?!

Attachments

• 4775D885-39F0-4C1E-8500-F2B22ABFEA87.jpeg
    4775D885-39F0-4C1E-8500-F2B22ABFEA87.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 71

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back