What steak knives do you use?

Well, for me, the debate is over...for now. Santa and my wife teamed up to get me the 7 piece Wusthof gourmet knives that come in a block. I used them on christmas day for our prime rib dinner and they were excellent! This didnt come with steak knives, but they are on the way.

WÜSTHOF Gourmet Seven Piece Mobile Block Set | 7-Piece German Knife Set | Precise Laser Cut High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set with 6 Slot Wood Block - Model 8940 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C6FYLNE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IZLbEbWFHCS5F

Great gift. A 7" Wusthof Santoku knife is our go-to everyday kitchen knife, even though the wife has a full set of Cutco knives, including a 5" and 7" santoku. They are great, but the Wusthof feels lighter and very good in the hand. I keep em all sharp with a diamond lap.

Also, I just got my wife a Shun 7" dual core laminated santoku for Christmas. I hope she likes it.
20191230_151553_resized.jpg
20191230_151739_resized.jpg

Great gift. A 7" Wusthof Santoku knife is our go-to everyday kitchen knife, even though the wife has a full set of Cutco knives, including a 5" and 7" santoku. They are great, but the Wusthof feels lighter and very good in the hand. I keep em all sharp with a diamond lap.

Also, I just got my wife a Shun 7" dual core laminated santoku for Christmas. I hope she likes it.View attachment 1762View attachment 1763

Those Shun dual cores look purdy. We've ended up with a pretty good collection of Shun premier knives and have been extremely happy with them. They're crazy sharp and also offer lifetime resharpening.I believe the lifetime resharpening is for all Shun knives, not just the premier.

I have a Victorinox 14" carving knife. It's the best way to cut slices from meats by hand. Every year, I cut hundreds of slices of tritip with it.

My R just won't fall in line. I missed a nice Case XX butcher knife about that size on Craigslist for $25.

I have to sharpen my Victorinox carving knife before each tri-tip carving session and after each tri-tip, I touch it up on a diamond lap, especially when the meat is hot.

I've found that when I cater an event and the meat is cooked earlier, chilling the meat in the fridge makes it a breeze to carve thin slices. Otherwise, hot meat needs an extremely sharp knife.

DSC_7994.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back