What's in your mug?

PSU-85

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
We all know that BBQ goes better with a cold beverage. So, what's in your mug?

Over the last couple of years I've been drinking stouts and porters almost exclusively. Since Pennsylvania loosened the restrictions on beer sales we can now buy individual, 6 packs and 12 packs in our grocery stores and beer distributors. Never really wanted to drop $40+ on a case of beer that I wasn't sure I'd like. Now we can mix a six pack in grocery store and I can get a good variety of beers to try. 12 packs at the distributors are also nice. Local distributor has a huge selection of craft beers. I can spend 30 minutes to an hour scanning the shelves looking for something interesting to bring home. Saugatuck Brewing has a great selection stouts that I really enjoy.

Most recent beers in my Yeti Mug-
Molly Pitcher Brewing Peanut Butter Porter
DuClaw Brewing Dirty Little Freak Brown Ale
Evil Genius Purple Monkey Dishwasher Porter
Saugatuck Ghost of Neapolitan Stout
Saugatuck Neapolitan Stout

IPA's all day for me.

Attachments

• ipa.jpg
    ipa.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 84
@PSU-85

If you like porters and stouts I'd highly recommend this one:

20200606_181059.jpg

In my area here we have a lot of folks who are Polish or the decedents of Polish immigrants. This beer is made by Zywiec Brewing Company, in Zywiec Poland. It's a Baltic Porter, think small Imperial Stout. It's much smoother than an Ale due to being fermented at cooler temperatures like a Lager beer is and it packs a punch at 9.5% abv. A great session drinker! ?

Another plus is it's just $2.29 a 1/2 liter, don't let the cost fool you. It's a wonderful example of the style. Try it you might like it.

We all know that BBQ goes better with a cold beverage. So, what's in your mug?

Over the last couple of years I've been drinking stouts and porters almost exclusively. Since Pennsylvania loosened the restrictions on beer sales we can now buy individual, 6 packs and 12 packs in our grocery stores and beer distributors. Never really wanted to drop $40+ on a case of beer that I wasn't sure I'd like. Now we can mix a six pack in grocery store and I can get a good variety of beers to try. 12 packs at the distributors are also nice. Local distributor has a huge selection of craft beers. I can spend 30 minutes to an hour scanning the shelves looking for something interesting to bring home. Saugatuck Brewing has a great selection stouts that I really enjoy.

Most recent beers in my Yeti Mug-
Molly Pitcher Brewing Peanut Butter Porter
DuClaw Brewing Dirty Little Freak Brown Ale
Evil Genius Purple Monkey Dishwasher Porter
Saugatuck Ghost of Neapolitan Stout
Saugatuck Neapolitan Stout
Blue Moon!

Most common will be a Michelob Ultra, but my true goto will be a Peroni. For dark brews you can't beat the Devastator Double Bock. It's like liquid candy.
b1903b60ed9ae9cfd707a3a0c3ab83576d83c856_wasatch-bock.png
And if we're doing Fajitas, or something with a latin flavor, Pacifico is the clear winner here.

@PSU-85

If you like porters and stouts I'd highly recommend this one:

View attachment 4651

In my area here we have a lot of folks who are Polish or the decedents of Polish immigrants. This beer is made by Zywiec Brewing Company, in Zywiec Poland. It's a Baltic Porter, think small Imperial Stout. It's much smoother than an Ale due to being fermented at cooler temperatures like a Lager beer is and it packs a punch at 9.5% abv. A great session drinker! ?

Another plus is it's just $2.29 a 1/2 liter, don't let the cost fool you. It's a wonderful example of the style. Try it you might like it.
I like a good Porter. I'll have to look around for this one.

Well....... You'll all hate me but..... This is my Slush Puppie machine.
That's a really cool setup. I have my eye on a slushy machine at a restaurant auction. It's starting to get pricey so I may not be in it to the end but it wouldn't surprise me to see more restaurant auctions after the long shut down from the virus. Maybe I'll luck into one soon.

Actually since you're a Buckeye, the hate started a while ago for this Nittany Lion ;) 89 days to football, maybe. And then seven weeks until our annual beat down at the hands of the Buckeyes. At least the tailgates are fun!

O-H-I-O. !!!!...lol

So I got mine from a local bar for a steal of 150$ and that includes 12 gallons of stock.(flavors/ bases)... An "electrician"...smh...had told the owner the motor was shot and couldnt be fixed. I had known for years that these big ones go for BigBucks and even decent cash for parts.
I had always told the owner Id like to have it if she ever got rid of it.
Well I go in for pizza one day and Holy Crap!!! There's a push button multi-drink dispenser sitting in its place. HOLD UP WHERES THE SLUSHY MACHINE?!!!.... So the story was told and a deal was made. It cost me $100 total to have The company themselves rebuild the motor and it's been used every year since. Goodluck on getting the one you're after 1200-1500 used but running is pretty normal. New is about twice that. This is about 6ft tall at the top of the cup.

Well....... You'll all hate me but..... This is my Slush Puppie machine.
A.K.A. Margarita/Daquiris/ cold anything Machine.
11 Gallon. I just make a base mix so kids can make actual slushies too...haha

View attachment 4669
I’ve got a Margaritaville three pitcher shaved ice margaritas/daiquiri/smoothie maker. Love it!!

As far as in the mug, I keep a beer fridge in my ham shack filled with Shiner, Corona, and few cans of dead guy ale when I can find it. For serious drinking I keep JW Blue label, Tin Cup, and McAllen 18 (cask strength if I can find it) along with some great sipping tequilas.

Homebrew in my glass, right now it's a PTE clone since I can't get any here in Ga. Almost always ipa's and pale ales right now. Come fall I'll toss down a nice brown ale or stout here and there until SN Celebration ale comes out.

sipping tequilas
The week before the virus really hit I was in Cabo. Tequila bar in the hotel lobby. Tried some really good tequila and mezcal. Liked the Don Julio 70 and it was buy 2 get 1 free in the airport duty free. Couldn’t pass that up. Couldn’t quite get up the nerve to try this one.
9459C4B4-48E2-4606-8B93-FF984142B060.jpeg

It's mostly bourbon.

But with temps creeping up, a glass of bourbon, neat, doesn't always hit the spot.

Then a friend introduced me to this bourbon slush recipe. I have lots of bottles I call regret purchases than I can't bring myself to pour down the drain, so this is a great way to get rid of them...

KkdNQgcl.jpg

9rMyk7Ul.jpg

My wife adds a splash of ginger ale to hers. I add a splash of bourbon to mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back