Bullseye Wheel Mod

wildblue

Ended up modding the Bullseye's wheels this week. Never have liked the height or the dumb pegs up front. I'll eventually get one of those fancy carts ya'll have, but this makes wheeling it around the patio much easier and moves it up a few inches. I kinda ruined any "through the yard" mobility I have, and it is destructive so there's no going back to stock.

A couple pictures first....

1618279289422.png

1618279309129.png

Isn't that camber sexy?

Unfortunately I can't give you a nice write up and parts list like we did with the 680. I was brainstorming ideas with a buddy of mine, and he ended up showing up one day with some parts for a 4 wheeled walker. He found it at Goodwill and paid like $3 for it. It started life something like this:

1618279631952.png

The adjustable bits happen to fit right into the stock legs. Pull the little plastic nubs off the front, slide the caster wheels in, rotate them so they're close to vertical, and drill new holes (I slide the shelf back in to hold them)
Back legs were more work - you'll actually need to hack the legs and remove the rear wheels. Then drill (step-bit helps) to get the shelf to fit into that part. Drill the legs at one of the 'adjustable' holes, drop a bolt through it, and you're done.
Not pretty or fancy by any means, but for literally $3 and some spare bolts I had laying around, it's better than stock. I might see if I can find a bender and get the rears to sit under it better, or with less camber at least. And I need to brace them a little better where they sleeve together - I'm thinking just something as simple as a hose clamp just steady it.

Can't strongly recommend you go try this, but it might at least give you some ideas.

Last edited:
Ended up modding the Bullseye's wheels this week. Never have liked the height or the dumb pegs up front. I'll eventually get one of those fancy carts ya'll have, but this makes wheeling it around the patio much easier and moves it up a few inches. I kinda ruined any "through the yard" mobility I have, and it is destructive so there's no going back to stock.

A couple pictures first....

View attachment 9558

View attachment 9559

Isn't that camber sexy?

Unfortunately I can't give you a nice write up and parts list like we did with the 680. I was brainstorming ideas with a buddy of mine, and he ended up showing up one day with some parts for a 4 wheeled walker. He found it at Goodwill and paid like $3 for it. It started life something like this:

View attachment 9560

The adjustable bits happen to fit right into the stock legs. Pull the little plastic nubs off the front, slide the caster wheels in, rotate them so they're close to vertical, and drill new holes (I slide the shelf back in to hold them)
Back legs were more work - you'll actually need to hack the legs and remove the rear wheels. Then drill (step-bit helps) to get the shelf to fit into that part. Drill the legs at one of the 'adjustable' holes, drop a bolt through it, and you're done.
Not pretty or fancy by any means, but for literally $3 and some spare bolts I had laying around, it's better than stock. I might see if I can find a bender and get the rears to sit under it better, or with less camber at least. And I need to brace them a little better where they sleeve together - I'm thinking just something as simple as a hose clamp just steady it.

Can't strongly recommend you go try this, but it might at least give you some ideas.
You definitely have ground clearance for rough terrain.

How heavy is the RecTeq Bullseye? Looks neat but that back chamber would have me concerned.

How heavy is the RecTeq Bullseye? Looks neat but that back chamber would have me concerned.
It's not heavy - it's basically a charcoal kettle with a hopper stuck to the side. The original design has the handle at the front, so you carry most of the weight when you move it (and it flexes enough that if you try that when it's running, the fan goes 'brrrrrrrrt')

The weight isn't making it squat at all, but I still do want to brace up those out runners :D

The original design has the handle at the front, so you carry most of the weight when you move it (and it flexes enough that if you try that when it's running, the fan goes 'brrrrrrrrt')
The DRG Custom Cart folks have a Support handle solution for that-highly recommended.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back