Stampede Which Modem/Router Brand?

cjrazus1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
What are you guys using for wifi? I couldn't connect to my wifi and Rec Tec told me they have had issues with Arris surfboard modem/routers.
TIA

How far is cooker from your router? Could be you need to add an antenna. I put one on mine and syncing problems are no more.

Make sure you are connecting to the 2.4ghz band, it won’t work with the 5ghz signal...if you running a router That combines the two you’ll need to separate the bands.

Thank you for the replies. I did see the link you posted. My smoker is aprox. 30 feet from my modem/router combo. I even brought the smoker inside within arms reach literally of the modem/router with no luck connecting. Zach at Rec Tec stated they do have issues with Arris security. He recommended Netgear N600 modem/router. My only concern is coverage for a 2,300 sf house? I will probably just go ahead and try his suggestion unless I find out more info.

Get an Eero mesh system for the house. It's literally plug and play simplistic in terms of adding extenders anywhere you need them to expand wifi coverage. The app for controlling the whole thing is very slick and easy to use. I can't recommend this solution highly enough. 3 of the Eero devices will easily cover a 2300 sq ft home.

I hate to pay $300 for a piece of hardware that typically lasts only 3 years or so. I will look into the recommended units... thank you

Mine is around 30 feet distance from AT&T router and it had problems until I installed the antenna. Your choice, but for $10 plus shipping you get two antenna's and a possible low cost fix.

I second ubiquiti, 2 ap's will easily cover your entire home and last a good long time. Have had mine maybe 6 years now with no issue. I recently picked up another outdoor "new" device to play with. Dont need it but wanted to test and see how much of the neighborhood i could cover with that one antenna :).

Get an Eero mesh system for the house. It's literally plug and play simplistic in terms of adding extenders anywhere you need them to expand wifi coverage. The app for controlling the whole thing is very slick and easy to use. I can't recommend this solution highly enough. 3 of the Eero devices will easily cover a 2300 sq ft home.
Thank you for your advice. I bought 2 eero pros from Costco. Easily hooked them up to a new Netgear modem and within minutes I had wifi all over my house. My stampede instantly connected to the 5g network (I know it's supposed to be 2.4g compatible only) but that's how it went down. Working flawlessly. I highly recommend the eero system even though I really didn't want to spend the money they are asking. Sometimes it's just worth it to avoid the hassle.
Smoke On

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back